All about Season 2 - DIA :)

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: All about Season 2 - DIA :)

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sat 17 Oct - 18:30:34

I really don´t want to upset you but if I remember correct Ron said not so long ago that season 2 will not so much be in line with the book - artistic freedom they call it don´t they Wink. No honestly, I wasn´t too happy with the second part of season 1, guess due to the worldwide hype and the expectations way up to the sky, that I am now waiting very patiently and without any big expectations for season 2. And whatever they do, I look forward to the landscapes and the very, very gorgeous costumes, maybe a reunion with Dougal and Geilis, getting to know Maitre Raymond, Le Comte, Louise de Rohan, Bonnie Prince Charlie, Fergus......and of course Brianna and Roger Smile.

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sat 17 Oct - 19:05:18

Hey, I haven´t been told off for back to back posting in while laughing

OMG, they are finally home..... Wink

Outlander’ Season 2 Returned to Craigh na Dun Location

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sat 17 Oct - 19:16:50

Hi Astrid!  I'm really not counting on seeing anything that I might be expecting in Season 2.....really I'm not lol!  Wink    But, like you, am eagerly anticipating all the new characters.

I heard on FB today (as I'm sure you did) that cast and crew have been filming at Craigh na Dunn the past few days.  

How many more months til Droughtlander is over......too many!

Just saw that you posted while I was writing this - what a coincidence!!!!

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 18 Oct - 3:02:05

Hey that is exciting, but how will they film the epic Craigh na Dunn scene is the question?

You are so right ladies, I am just going to keep a completely open mind now with regard to Season 2. I think we have all kind of guessed by now, especially as the second Season will be shorter by three episodes, that Ron & the team, cannot possibly re-create every classic moment from DIA.

But I agree, there is so much to wet our appetites with, that if they don't get the starter to us by next Spring, we'll be down to our bare bones, & crawling the walls!
lol!

pub
This will be us gorging on S2 Ep1 when it finally comes along!
"And the next course waiter! And the next! Bring it all out! Yes that's right, we're very, very hungry! Oh yes indeedy, it has been a long time since our last meal"!
laughing

Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 18 Oct - 3:38:38

Ha,ha,ha,ha Debbie......chomping at the bit are ye lass?.....join the club! Oh ya have already eaten your fill.  kilt
We are such passionate fans of this incredibly wonderful series.  United we stand - and will til the end of time.  

Bring on the banquet - how many courses - hungry we are and will consume them with much gusto!

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sun 18 Oct - 18:49:39

Ladies I really don´t know how we are supposed to stay cool, calm and collected with all these news flooding the internet ....... Wink

'Outlander' season 2 update: Maeve Foley joins cast? actress to play Brianna?

Uuuuhmmm if it was up to me, she´d have to do something about those eyebrows lol!

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 18 Oct - 22:44:24

Hi Astrid,

I don't think we have to worry.....Diane posted a Twitter Q&A with Maril and Matt on FB.  Someone did ask about this woman and Maril said that she works on the show......So?  Could be a cover up - I don't know.  I'll maybe go back and have a closer look.

You are so right about the eyebrows Astrid!!!

Here's the link Twitter Q & A

Last edited by ayrlassie on Sun 18 Oct - 22:57:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Mon 9 Nov - 22:58:14

Sorry for posting back to back but it's been so quiet here....much busier on our FB page - which is where I got this link.  Hope you all (those that still check in here!) enjoy.

Season 2 secrets revealed

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Fri 13 Nov - 17:30:19

Sounds very complicated to me (being very, very impatient Wink). All the things which have to be considered.......puuuhhh. Thanks for sharing Norma xxx

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Fri 13 Nov - 17:43:02

You're welcome Astrid - I, too am impatient but I guess we'll have to resign ourselves to the fact that after Season 2 is over there'll be another long wait for (fingers crossed) Season 3 shocked  

Hope you're feeling better!

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Fri 13 Nov - 17:57:35

That´s true Norma. Another Droughtlander. But somehow it feels time is running much faster than last year. And with all the new that´s posted on the internet or in our fb group, it seems season 2 is almost there Wink.  Could be for me only though lol! But apart from reading a lot (non OL books Smile) and being a series junkie time is flying by.

Have been off work for a week and a half for recovery. Guess that´s what was needed - some piece and quiet. It´s getting better. Thanks or asking hug

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Mon 16 Nov - 19:08:08

So glad you're feeling better Astrid - sometimes all the pressures that surround tend to drag us down.

I agree - time seems to being going faster this time - but then we know that they're still filming!  Bet we'll all be chomping at the bit in the new year shocked

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Wed 18 Nov - 21:56:36

Ladies, it is a good job we have each other to while away the hours during these long droughtlanders. But I agree Norma & Astrid, it does seem to have gone quicker than last year. Just wish we had definite casting knowledge with regards to Brianna & Roger. Maybe Ron & Maril will announce it as a Christmas time special.

Found this piccie on pinterest today, with the words - aging Claire for Season 2? Will be fascinating to see the results I'm sure!

Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Wed 18 Nov - 23:07:59

Well, Hello there Ms. Debbie - we've missed you here!  Good thought about Bree & Roger, the Promotional Dept. as it's best.

Love the pic you found on Pinterest!  You're a great digger-upper of news - you should post it on FB.  excited happy

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sun 29 Nov - 10:49:33

Love it too Debbie <3. She´ll be my age in season 2 and I am looking  forward to it. But more so, and we will have to face another droughtlander before that, for Jamie in season 3. That´ll be verra i*n*t*e*r*e*s*t*i*n*g as Book 3 is my favourite...

You know the Jamie and Claire reuniting thingy

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 29 Nov - 18:40:36

Ah Astrid a girl after my own heart. Yes, hopefully they will have aged the lovely Claire subtly, as it always seems to me after reading the books, Claire has never looked her true age. And some shows have gone overboard when it comes to making their characters look older. Starz seem to have the knack of replicating exactly - we shall see.

Mmm........the reunion thingy.......err sorry.....always makes my mind wander a little thinking of that glorious moment. And I know it is Norma's favourite book too. We have exceptionally good taste ladies, is all I can add to that. study Most excellent taste indeed!

Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Outlander Season two return April 2016 on Screen

Post by soniaG on Sun 10 Jan - 14:42:06

Dear all,

I suppose a lot of you already know, the STARZ Show Outlander Season two (which contains books two Dragonfly in Amber) will return on TV screen on April 2016!

So, how exited are you, ladies and gents? What are you looking for? Did you already the new trailer? I will post two I did found today!

And, what do you think, will they show all thirteen episodes in one setting? I believe we will at least have one minor break after 6 or 7 episode before they switch to the plot happening in Scotland.

Some Pics Season Two, found on Instagramm (my new obsession - just watching pic of Zen, ColouringBooks etc.):

or

or

Enjoy! Wink

----------------------

More about Brianna: Ron has said they are very close to casting her or having find her! See here in this article:

http://www.outlandertvnews.com/2016/01/ronald-d-moore-very-close-to-casting-brianna/

What do you think personally? I do think they have already found  her but don´t tell us in order to have something to present later (maybe in 2 to 4 weeks) to give us appetizers in order to get back the TV show awareness ..

Or do you really think they are still looking for it! No never .. as far as I know they have already finished most of the  filming of season two. But I might be wrong - who knows .. Wink

-----------------------

What about this here: Season two start with scenery of 1940! Another change, what do you think of it? Here is the corresponding article to this information:

http://zap2it.com/2016/01/new-outlander-season-2-trailer-change-book/

Looking forward to read your opinions and thoughts ..

Hugs to you all .. Wink

SoniaG
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Sun 10 Jan - 21:24:14

Thanks Sonia for the information and pics Smile

***_________________***
We are running a Christmas Card Exchange and Christmas Decoration exchange. For details go to Board Announcements and Help Threads

rendeer santa
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Wed 13 Jan - 22:04:23

Hi everyone, & dear sonia thank you for all this exciting information & the spectacular piccies.  And just to add once again "we missed you" & "wonderful to read you're posts once more"!   hug

welcomeback

Well now, am I excited, haha!! That is an understatement in my case, & with regards to all my fellow Outlandians, I can feel the increasing vibrations of joy right across this forum!  The realisation that Droughtlander will soon be over - the big countdown to Spring is now on folks!!!  YAY!!!  (Apologies for shouting, my excitement overcomes me once more)!  

very happy excited happy very happy

What to expect?   Mmm..........Well, we kind of already know, there are going to be some alterations to the book DIA, in Season 2.  Okay, I can live with that.  My only worry is, if Ron tries to majorly distort the storyline, or the crucial traits of our beloved characters.  Like the scene in the clip you posted sonia, of Jamie wielding a knife at Claire, when he says, "You have your choice, him or me"!  I know exactly what Jamie is referring to here, but what I did find a little shocking, is that Monsieur Fraser, would not have waved his dirk at his adored lady like that.  Think back to Book One, & the way Jamie apologised to Claire, for being physical with her, after their roadside fight.  Yes I appreciate his anger in this matter, but still.  Not a trait I would illustrate if I was a writer on the Show, but alas I am not, so my input is invalid in this regard.  And as my dear friend Norma (ayrlassie), gratefully taught me to accept through our wonderful & enlightening chats last Season, the Books are the Books, (& ours to cherish forever).  The Show is the Show.  This is an adaptation of those books, seen through the eyes of Ron/Maril & their writing team.

The casting of Brianna.   Uhmm yes............ Tis hard to believe they don't actually have someone for this role yet.  But then stranger things have happened in the World of TV.  Caitriona was a late casting, so if they have maybe a few actresses lined up, could they still be deliberating the best choice...........Maybe?  Or maybe, as you say sonia, this is just a ploy to enable them to make a "big" last minute announcement -TA-DAH!  "Heres.................???????? you're Brianna........Outlander fans"!!!  They say not.  We shall see eh?

And starting in the 1940's, well it does give Frank some valuable screen time once more, doesn't it.  Sorry if that sounded sarcastic,  I really do think Tobias is an amazing actor, & do not begrudge him any air time.  But if Ron was going to change the start of Episode One, I would have preferred to focus a little more in detail on Jamie & Claire.  Their New Beginning in France, the healing of their relationship, which we didn't get time to appreciate in the last Episode of Season One.  Just so the non book readers, viewing the Show, can fully sense the true nature of their love, (& not just the passionate/physical aspects of this), but the powerful bond that unites Claire & Jamie wholly & completely.  And I sincerely hope, this alternative opening based in the 1940's, does not make the non book readers think Claire regrets leaving Frank to stay in the 18th Century with her "heart & soul"  Jamie!  I have everything crossed.  Literally!

But truth be told I am simply delighted, at the prospect of seeing Season 2, & watching our beloved characters evolve, in the next part of Diana's wonderful, & enthrawling story!

There, a little lengthy I admit, but as always sonia, you brought up some very interesting points for us all to address.
So until next time............... Wink
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Thu 21 Jan - 8:02:38

Oh dear Misty Blue!

Thank you so much for answering so many question I did post!
Just wow! excited happy very happy excited happy

I agree with everything you said regarding not starting with the 1940ies and to show more of Jamie and Claire. How they are better together than ever ..

... but maybe this is to early because we have the duello! And I am afraid til then Ron will probably still play the card of who is the better man for Claire .. with whom will she really stay ... this brings enough tension in the TV format in order to keep the viewers interested .. to get maybe a better score than for the first season... Wink

Regarding Brianna, yeah, you have a point. Could be there had also difficulties to find someone proper like with Claire but also a nice set up for us and to have ammo to set up countdown to regain the people´s interest after almost one year of absence? Because I saw that Diana told on her FB page she knows already the exact date of the show starting time in April but they deliberately not telling us.

I must say .. I don´t like this ... all this marketing games at all! And with this I do mean keeping important and known facts and dates and castings away from us and only nourish us step by step with them all. But doesn´t matter if I do like it or not, it is the usual way to go in the TV/Movie making area. For me is it some sort of lying ... but this is only my way of feeling.

But I am now very curious to know what do you or any other member think of these strategies of the TV broadcast? I am very  interested to hear your opinions and feelings ... ;

And Misty Blue, I like your lengthy answer! I do appreciate it very much! Thank you for taking your time to do it!

Regarding distorting character traits .. yeah, well, what can I say! The risk is always there because the interpretations are so varied how this special book series can be seen and understood. Regarding the dirk scene: I don´t like this scene either. Much too violent toward Claire. And as far as I do remember James never posted such a threat at Claire but I can be wrong .. totally wrong. Don´t remember the book story plot here right now ... my last rereading stopped somewhere in book 2 ... Wink

So, if you or others .. pls feel free to correct me there.

Okay, this is it for you .. !

Greetings so long ...

SoniaG
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Wed 3 Feb - 1:06:01

Here is a recent clip/trailer for Season 2!

And finally we have our Brianna to be played by Sophie Skelton! Yay!

These two fabulous pictures by the wonderfully talented Vera Adxer, give us a taste of what's in store.
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Wed 3 Feb - 6:05:32

Fabulous Debbie (Misty Blue) my partner in all things Outlander and my Wing Woman - No, my Captain! So looking forward to Season 2 with all it's trepidation's....bring it!  mex wave shocked

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Thu 4 Feb - 0:41:02

Right back attcha Norma (ayrlassie)!  
All we need now is a confirmed start date for Season 2 from Starz

SPOILER ALERT
Oh & if Episode 1 does start off in the 1940's, my theory is it will focus on the scene of Claire in hospital, still shell shocked from the trauma of travelling back through the stones, & the heartbreak of leaving Jamie, with Frank at her side, desperately trying to make sense of these new events.  This combined with Frank's joy, relief, & ultimate confusion at his wife's three year absence?  
And who the hell is Jamie Fraser?  Jump to Paris.............and back to the 18th Century & Claire, Jamie & Murtagh stepping off the Ship.  A new beginning..........

Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Thu 4 Feb - 6:11:16

Well, Debbie...your imagination is so much better than mine! We'll just have to see what Season 2 brings...so looking forward to it! xoxoxo

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Fri 5 Feb - 20:15:51

This is a nice little montage of what we have to look forward to in Season 2.
(Put together by a lady called Carmen Francis).
And Norma, I am like you........"So, so looking forward to it"!  xoxoxo
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top