All about Season 2 - DIA :)

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: All about Season 2 - DIA :)

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 9 Aug - 1:39:42

Where the f*#k are my Depends! Do ya ken what these are ...... in Jolly Ole Blighty?

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 9 Aug - 1:42:22

You did mention these before I'm sure dear Norma, but you might need to jog your BB memory!  scratch Razz

Last edited by Misty Blue on Sun 9 Aug - 1:46:59; edited 1 time in total
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 9 Aug - 1:45:52

Well, they're something like a diaper that you affix to a very young baby to stop it soiling itself.....or a very old person who has no control over their bladder - or anything else
Blush

So sorry Admins.....getting WAY off topic!

Last edited by ayrlassie on Sun 9 Aug - 1:47:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 9 Aug - 2:05:45

My sincere apologies too Admin, I'm just as guilty of slipping totally off the thread there as well Norma!

So going back to Season 2. Has anyone heard anymore about the casting of Brianna & Roger. This is still intriguing me folks..........? scratch
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 9 Aug - 2:44:00

Nice mea culpa Debbie.....now - again - you're up very late!  What is it 2:00 a.m. - no - almost 3:00 a.m.  in England!

No, nothing as yet to the casting of Bree and Roger - do you think they're going to be in Season 2 or is Ron totally changing it!?

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 9 Aug - 2:53:05

Well Norma from what I can gather from snippets I have seen or read.  Ron is changing the beginning of the book, so I'm guessing we will see Jamie & Claire arrive in Paris, & the continuation of Jamie healing?  I reckon, Claire & her daughter, will not go to visit Roger, until the final Episode/s of Season 2.  

I suppose this time, having what is it only 13 Episodes, they will have to be more select with on-screen time?  Just a wee thought anyway's.

The night-owl returns - HeHe!!
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 9 Aug - 4:24:18

Yes, I agree Debbie. From what I've read as well Ron didn't seem too stressed that they hadn't cast Bree and Roger early on - but, that doesn't mean they won't be in the early episodes as they do tend to shoot out of sequence. Bloody double hockey sticks (that's hell to you non Canadians) <g> It's so frustrating getting through ANOTHER Droughtlander isn't it?

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 9 Aug - 22:05:40

Ah oui Madame!

It does make you wonder if they will throw the moment Claire & Brianna go back to Scotland, somewhere in the midst of Season 2.  I suppose they could do that, then use Claire re-telling events, as the cue to continue the story in 18th Century France.  

Or another thought, when Jamie & Claire return to Scotland just before things really start brewing towards the battles, that could be when they show Scotland 1968, & do an almost sideline of events in two different centuries.  

Mmm........anyone have any thoughts on the Claire/Brianna/Roger theory?
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Fri 14 Aug - 14:30:43

You guys are hilarious, love the diaper thing laughing Norma so right we are getting there in the end excited happy

Don´t think that we will here about the Honeypot but it´s such a lovely scene in the books when Claire tells Jamie about the sugaring/waxing lol!
You know some foreigners find our/my language sounds hard. It does sometimes but honeypot in German trivialised sounds gorgeous = Honigtöpfchen hehehehehe Smile

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Fri 14 Aug - 17:13:26

Dear Astrid........I would imagine that Honeypot sounds sweet in any language - especially if Jamie is saying it!  

laughing

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Fri 14 Aug - 23:57:32

Aye lasses, maybe Starz should release a wee clip of Sam/Jamie saying Honeypot in all the different languages. We wouldna mind that would we? LOL!
laughing lol! laughing
Very romantic sounding in German Astrid!
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by HicksV on Sat 22 Aug - 4:33:43

Maybe I am missing some conversation feeds, but does anyone know what the ETA of a premier is to happen?

HicksV
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sat 22 Aug - 6:46:00

Hi HicksV,

Welcome to the Forum!  We are a wonderful, passionate group here and will answer any and all questions that we can - we LOVE Outlander and Diana Gabaldon!

All we know about the premier of Season 2 is that it will  be some time (hopefully April) of 2016.  Ugh, another tough Droughtlander - Starz has only 13 episodes scheduled for this book.  If all that is said is true, it will be shown without a break.  It's hard to imagine how they will fit everything that is in Dragonfly in Amber into it, but we have to trust that Ron Moore will do it justice.  Not everyone here likes his book to screen adaption but those of us who started with the books....always have them to go back to....and, we do!  I'm just glad that we get to see Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe portray our beloved characters so beautifully!

welcome

very happy

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 23 Aug - 0:36:00

Perfectly put as always Norma (ayrlassie).  And Hi HicksV!  You are truly amongst friends, & we, who have a thoroughly passionate heart for all things Outlander! I love you

Some folk count the days until Christmas.  Whereas we, count the days until Spring 2016 & Season 2? (Here's Hoping)!?  Just way too many sleeps!

Oh how we are just dying to see
Jamie & Claire in opulent Paris
With trials & tribulations still to face
As well as now living in a very different place

What will they include from our beloved second book
Why the excitement as we wait to take our first look
But the casting is brilliant, three cheers to Sam & Cait
And we're sure to witness highs & lows, I guarantee you that

So in the meantime during "Droughtlander", there is no need to    
                                                                           despair
For we can talk about Season 2 here endlessly, cos we Outlandian's
                                                                   just love to share

very happy scotsmile very happy scotsmile very happy scotsmile very happy scotsmile very happy scotsmile
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 23 Aug - 2:44:55

Ah, once again I bow to your gift of rhyme Dear Debbie (Misty Blue)!  Nothing more to add hug

Oh, wait, just one thing that has puzzled me a wee bit.  We know from Diana that the Comte St. Germaine does NOT die in DIA - any theories?  Was Master Raymond in cahoots with him?  How did they fake his death?  Inquiring minds want to know Wink

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 23 Aug - 15:05:54

Mmm.............Norma, that is a spectacular speculation? I would be fascinated to hear everyone's theories on that score. I always had the feeling that we had not seen the last of Master Raymond, but with this revelation, we could be facing a major twist in the future. Verra intriguing!? Let us discuss further my fellow Outlandians...........? Wink
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Mon 24 Aug - 10:03:24

Hey we are talking about Maitre Raymond a sorcerer Wink. Take a deathlike poison et voila Le Comte seems dead but isn´t really. Just like Grimms (!!! not the Disney junk) Snow White and Cinderella ilikeit

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Wed 26 Aug - 13:13:55

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Wed 26 Aug - 17:04:29

Thanks Astrid!  Looks like we're in for some BIG deviations from the book doesn't it?  It will be either shocked  mad  or very happy  excited happy depending who you are.  Wink

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sealtainn_lass on Thu 27 Aug - 17:15:26

Think those media types are just trying to mess with our heads! The casting notes are likely to refer to Brianna's long term story, and they're looking for hype to gain funding interest for season 3, so I don't think we should start fearing too much (more!!) deviation from our favourite story just yet (she says, almost as a prayer!!) Really can't see how they'll fit France, Lallybroch, Culloden and then returning Brianna into 13 one-hour episodes - although, I grant you, stranger things have happened!!!
Sealtainn_lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Thu 27 Aug - 18:10:36

Sternenglanz68 wrote:Hey we are talking about Maitre Raymond a sorcerer Wink. Take a deathlike poison et voila Le Comte seems dead but isn´t really. Just like Grimms (!!! not the Disney junk) Snow White and Cinderella ilikeit

Yes, of course Astrid.....and....he and the Comte are also TT's a.k.a. time travelers!!!!

Dear Sealtainn_lass,

I'm not too concerned about what they do with Season 2 - they will never be able to fulfill all of our expectations with regards to adapting the book to screen and so I'll just (hopefully) sit back and enjoy!  I'm just happy that they <have> brought our favourite series to screen and launched Cait and Sam skyward in their careers very happy

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila on Thu 27 Aug - 20:36:43

about brianna and the article mentioned above:

SPOILER:
thoughts are running through my head. confused confused... shocked shocked....

what if they really put brianna in the series in the past - on her way to find her father... claire would not know her daughter, brianna would know a 20year older version of claire.... (would this claire still live in briannas time?). can they explain roger? WILL THERE BE A ROGER? i have a picture in my mind of the last scene of ep. 13: a girl steps into the room, saying: "hi mom, hi dad" (to claire and jamie) - cliffhanger...

the easyiest solition for the 20years jump... sam and cait can stay in their ages... but them there would be no connection to the story in america... puh, I AM CONFUSED!!!!
sheila
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Thu 27 Aug - 20:58:33

Prof Astrid does it again!   Wink  
But with such power, if these two are working in league together, could be verra, verra dangerous!  shocked

I agree Sealtainn_lass, the Media likes to tease us loyal & dedicated Outlandians with these tempting morsels regarding Season 2, & hopefully Season 3 & beyond!  The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting, which hopefully, (she says again), will be in the Spring of 2016 - "P..l..e..a..s,,e!!!

But I am with you all the way Norma, the books are always going to be our cherished first port of call, no matter how many Season's get commissioned.  Despite this, I will continue to watch gleefully & fearfully, (depending on the subject matter), every Episode that come's our way, & relish watching Sam & Caitriona evolve even further in their roles as Jamie & Claire.  They are truly superb.  And canna wait to meet this Season's new cast members as well!  
very happy

Well Sheila, hopefully if Starz do take snippets from one of the later books, regarding Brianna's introduction, it will fit into this Season (Book 2), without causing too much confusion, or major disturbance - at least I pray it does?! scratch study
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Thu 27 Aug - 23:50:45

Well, ya know Debbie, we seem to travel on parallel lines when it comes to the books vs the series - kinda freaky Wink  

This may have been said before somewhere else on the forum (apologies if it is) but my thoughts are that Diana's script for episode 211 will be the parting of Jamie and Claire at the Stones before Culloden - a scene, IMO, that only she can write. And then the last 2 episodes will be Claire, Brianna and Roger back in the 20th Century trying to find the men of Lallybroch and Roger's discovery of Jamie surviving.  We shall see!

Don't be confused Sheila.....you're in a safe place here, we all conjure up the most bizarre and terrifying scenarios of what they could do to our beloved books!

Peace and Love to you all ........ okay, I'm an old friken Hippie! laughing

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Fri 28 Aug - 0:18:00

I like that theory very much Norma. As always you say it perfectly, & soothe my soul with contentment regarding our beloved Outlander.

I am so pleased Diana is writing episode 211, & I truly hope your premonition comes to pass Norma. This most epic & heart-rendering scene needs every moment to come directly from this gifted author's hand. For she is the true genius, who has touched us all, & keeps us forever spell bound.
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top