General chat for episode one will contain spilers

Post by tearose on Thu 4 Oct - 21:01:05

All chat for episode one here Smile
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

SPOILER >>> 1st episode of Season 4

Post by Angelochar on Mon 5 Nov - 17:48:56

What did everyone think of the first episode of the new season?

I can't say that I over enjoyed it.

For some reason, the theme song had changed somewhat, and the music at the end was horrible, not fitting with the time period. I hope this isn't an indiction of what the rest of the season will be like.
Angelochar
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Re: General chat for episode one will contain spilers

Post by Flora B on Mon 5 Nov - 19:40:38

I agree with you, Angelochar. I liked the "old" song more and the final scene with the music was really weird.

Flora B
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Mon 5 Nov - 23:55:19

I thought the music for the final scene was brilliant! Here they are in America and while the words of beautiful, free, etc are playing during the song, they get robbed, terrorized and killed. What a juxtaposition!
As we readers know, this sets the tone for what's to come.

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Season 4 Music

Post by egro on Wed 7 Nov - 18:08:30

Hi All,
Sooooooo didn't like the music at the end. I had been looking forward to this scene and the music really spoilt it for me.

egro
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by OutlanderTVSeries on Tue 13 Nov - 19:06:51

The intro-song changed every season - depending on where they are...

But why did Stephen Bonnet take Jamies Ring and not Franks?
OutlanderTVSeries
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Wed 14 Nov - 0:15:10

OutlanderTVSeries,
Bonnet didn't know what ring he was taking. He just reached in and took whichever one. Claire only realized which one he took after she spit out the one that remained in her mouth.

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona on Sun 18 Nov - 19:09:10

I think, Connie, the question set up here is: why did the writers make SB get Jamie's ring instead of Frank's as in the books. I think they came up with an explanation about how the loss of Jamie's ring would be more devastating for Claire (?) and that Brianna must be able to recognise the ring as her mother's (something that wouldn't have worked with a plain golden band). Well, I am sometimes surprised about the hybris of those writers who claim to know Jamie or Claire or the story better than Diana Gabaldon. It is an annoying bc unnecessary change to the books but I have long since stopped complaining about this. What do you expect when they are asked to squeeze this big book into 13 episodes and also have to keep non-readers in mind (I can't imagine this as I have known the books for so long now, but maybe Claire's insistence to wear both rings and what this means to her wasn't explained or emphasized enough in the series for non-readers to understand). But I have stopped complaining about this long since. I am only upset when they show our main characters' personalities completely different from how they are described by Diana and live in my head and my heart. Makes me cringe ! That and bad cinematography. Ah, well: you can't have them all, can you ! Now back to impatiently waiting for episode 3 to be uploaded !
Ilona
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by StinaAC on Wed 21 Nov - 5:42:34

Hi, so glad to hear I am not alone in hating the music in the end of the episode! For a film in modern times it would have been good, but so out of place here! I understand the music had to be wild but for sure there is music more fitting the time? Or just instrumental.
Otherwise I was happy to have them back and enjoyed the episode. But the end music did spoil it for me a bit :(
StinaAC
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down