General Chat Episode 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chat Episode 3

Post by tearose on Fri 22 Sep - 21:32:02

For all discussion about episode 3. Warning: Spoilers. excited happy excited happy excited happy
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: General Chat Episode 3

Post by outlander12 on Sun 24 Sep - 17:28:03

Excellent episode. Number 3.  Covered so many things. I love seeing these novels come to life. Now the long wait for next weeks episode . Thnak you for posting the download.
outlander12
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Fraser Ottanelli on Sun 24 Sep - 17:44:23

The Best so far, but I always think this after every episode................
I usually don't like it much when they change things from the book.... but in this case, I'm happy!  Wink
Thank you so much for making this series available....: Jamie and Co. speaking in Italian somehow doesn't work!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Lisa Fraser Ottanelli
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by carterd on Sun 24 Sep - 19:29:47

Well done. One of the scenes between L.J. and Jaime was a little confusing; I don't know if it was an editing error or if part of the scene was deleted due to time constraints. And as for Murtagh, I'm deleriously happy.

carterd
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by betty1955 on Mon 25 Sep - 0:47:34

Another great episode. And what a surprise, Murtagh is still alive. I must say I like the TV Murtagh much more than the book Murtagh and so I`m happy. Can´t wait for ep. 4. scotsmile

betty1955
Murtagh

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion1968 on Mon 25 Sep - 4:47:39

Great......I was so impressed by the actor who give life to Lord John.......what a guy.

Sad about Frank......did not touched me in the book but to watch it on screen...uuuhhhhh...sad.
Murtagh is alive..yaaay. Hope to see him again soon.

Waiting for next weekend..and sooooooo excited to be able to watch episode 6 soon......
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by outlander12 on Mon 25 Sep - 5:00:59

carterd wrote:Well done.  One of the scenes between L.J. and Jaime was a little confusing; I don't know if it was an editing error or if part of the scene was deleted due to time constraints. And as for Murtagh, I'm deleriously happy.
Which scene  did you  find confusing?
outlander12
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Mon 25 Sep - 19:59:07

I don't know about everyone else but when reading the book I often skip the 20 years apart bit and while it is good to see it portrayed on the screen it is certainly not my favourite part of the story of Voyager.
However, it was better than I thought to see Murtagh alive in the series, and the acting was conveyed well. And every episode is one closer to the part of the story which makes it my favourite book.
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carterd on Tue 26 Sep - 4:51:13

The scene where Jaime ambushes Grey.  Was it set on the tiny isle that Jaime was spotted swimming to, or was it somewhere around Ardsmuir? If at the prison, where were the guards? Then in the following scene the two men were walking on the moor with Ardsmuir in the background. It just seemed a wee bit awkard.

carterd
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Tue 26 Sep - 19:47:05

Carter, yes that did seem a bit awkward I would have to watch it again and let you know. But I know the bit you are referring to.
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentat on Fri 29 Sep - 15:35:53

Marion1968 wrote:Great......I was so impressed by the actor who give life to Lord John.......what a guy.

Sad about Frank......did not touched me in the book but to watch it on screen...uuuhhhhh...sad.
Murtagh is alive..yaaay. Hope to see him again soon.

Waiting for next weekend..and sooooooo excited to be able to watch episode 6 soon......
They made the Claire - Frank rift a lot more dramatic in the show than in the books. My first thought when she saw Frank at the end was: "Now, wasn't THAT very convenient!?"

I like Murtagh too. I wonder if they will use him for the Duncan role in the later seasons? There must be some point in keeping him alive.

Mentat
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassenach Berlin Bear on Sat 30 Sep - 8:24:37

Excellent episode. All debts paid indeed.
As in the seasons before, I got a totally more deep view of Frank. All those years I read and re-read the books, I saw him as a marginal person, and whenever a memory of him showed up I was like "Oh - that guy again" - but now in the TV series, I think, Diana put more emphasis on him, and on the drama between him and Claire, to remind us 'old' fans, that Frank is indeed an important character.

Love Lored John. This character really fits into my "head cinema" very well.

And I hated to say Goodbye to Murtagh, and was so delighted to see him again. At the parting scene, when all the men, save Jamie, were deported, a thought came to me: This won't be a goodbye forever. Maybe they'll replace Murtagh for Duncan Innes in the colonies, and we'll see him again there? Would be a twist of the book-story I'd readily forgive.

Sassenach Berlin Bear
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top