General Chat for Episode 1.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chat for Episode 1.

Post by tearose on Thu 7 Sep - 11:44:43

Chat in here all about episode 1. Try not to overlap with discussion of future episodes or speculation of future episodes in this thread. Thank you. Smile There is a speculation thread available.
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: General Chat for Episode 1.

Post by MaggieBear on Sun 10 Sep - 10:13:41

My first two cents .... I havent seen it yet!!!!! :'( cant wait to discuss it!

MaggieBear
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieBear on Sun 10 Sep - 19:05:42

My other two cents after watching it .... I LOVED IT ...AND I'M GONNA WATCH AGAIN!!!!

YAY!!!!!

MaggieBear
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion1968 on Sun 10 Sep - 19:37:16

great acting by Tobias and Caitriona......wooow.
my herat broke watching the shooting scene at the cottage. One by one shot down...so sad.

then the baby scene..where she got the red hair from??????

can not wait til next sunday........
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Sun 10 Sep - 19:39:42

You can chat with your thoughts ect here, we would love to know how you felt about each scene or your favourite or less favourite part. I haven't seen it yet (hoping to this week) so can not comment, but look forward to reading everyone's views. grouphug
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StinaAC on Sun 10 Sep - 19:53:56

Fulfilled all expectations Smile Crule scenes, but that is what war is. Looking forward to the next episode. Good ending with the red hair Wink
StinaAC
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sun 10 Sep - 20:09:37

Hello to all!

I just watched it! I must really say the war scene were very eye openinig .. it is one thing reading such war action .. another seeing it. Really man to man fight ..

They stuck very much to the books! The interactions between Claire and Frank were great as well as all the stupid men not respecting Claire! Very difficult age .. the 60ties!

Even Lord Melton we did see .. I didn´t expect to see him!

The last scene is so ... cruel ...

Well, I will watch it again anytime soon!

Greetings SoniaG
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by carterd on Sun 10 Sep - 20:36:08

So.... Murtagh???? if there might be one major plot change from the books to the TV production, well for me this would be it.

carterd
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabel40 on Sun 10 Sep - 20:55:09

I was so pleased about the emotions in each scene. Very well done. Looking forward to next episodes beeing equally emotional. I missed this in season 2.
Thanks for efforts uploading and providing to this forum so fast.

Isabel40
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by betty1955 on Sun 10 Sep - 22:25:45

What a great episode.Very emotional in every part. Great acting by Caitriona, Sam and Tobias. I think the fighting scene between Jamie and Black Jack is very well done. You could see all the emotions in the faces of both of them.
Looking forward to see ep 2 next week.

betty1955
Murtagh

Back to top Go down

Episode 1

Post by Scrappylind on Mon 11 Sep - 0:06:35

Just watched it! Totally awesome, but went thru alot of tissues. I will wait until tomorrow to discuss details so all will see it.

Scrappylind
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion1968 on Mon 11 Sep - 5:34:37

Thank god here we are again....
A great opener.....amazing actors and I am so happy to be able to watch the episodes here.
Can not wait for episode 2.....hahaaaaaa.
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by heatherdrum on Mon 11 Sep - 6:26:32

Watching now, but really Shaw moved it from Showcase to
W network and the commercials are even worse. 2-3 scenes and 9 commercials all the way through. Can't wait to watch without the damned commercials.
heatherdrum
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Mon 11 Sep - 20:19:07

instead of cleaning my bathroom today when I had the house to myself i sat in front of the Tv and watched it.
It was an excellent first episode and I can see that it could hook new viewers in really easily.

***_________________***
We are running a Christmas Card Exchange and Christmas Decoration exchange. For details go to Board Announcements and Help Threads

rendeer santa
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seneca on Mon 11 Sep - 22:09:44

It was a great start for season 3 . It is such a pity that in Germany we again will watch a version which is dubbed in a very poor way. There is nothing like the original.
Thanks for uploading. I`m looking forward for E2.

Seneca
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by heatherdrum on Tue 12 Sep - 5:23:09

carterd wrote:So.... Murtagh???? if there might be one major plot change from the books to the TV production, well for me this would be it.

What was the change were you proposing?
heatherdrum
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1797 on Tue 12 Sep - 20:55:25

this was one of the best episodes of all 3 seasons

Inverness is the nearest city to where I live, where a church has been converted to a second hand book shop. There is a plaque there which reminds everyone that Jacobite prisoners were shot against the church wall and this episode made that sense of horror and futility so real

freya1797
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie-Antoinette on Wed 13 Sep - 13:16:17

Thanks for uploading of this beautiful and emotional episode.

Marie-Antoinette
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Wed 13 Sep - 19:54:43

Its great to e able to watch it again after such a long wait isn't it? excited happy excited happy

***_________________***
We are running a Christmas Card Exchange and Christmas Decoration exchange. For details go to Board Announcements and Help Threads

rendeer santa
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carterd on Thu 14 Sep - 1:08:51

It's not a change I'm proposing, and perhaps I missed it in the first episode, but it seemed that Murtagh's fate was/is unknown. So wouldn't it be grand if the show runners deviated from the books and Murtagh survived Culloden. It's only a forlorn hope and we'll find out soon enough, but until then.

carterd
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Thu 14 Sep - 19:44:28

They didnt show what happened to him, I thought in the books we dont learn that he died until he told Claire later on in Voyager. We will have to wait and see Smile

***_________________***

rendeer santa
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

What ever happened to Murtaugh

Post by Scrappylind on Sun 17 Sep - 1:09:02

I picture a woman with a cart going from body to body looking for her man. She stops at a tall area of grass where she hears a groan. She peers in and finds Murtaugh, unconscious and badly hurt. She looks around for soldiers then loads him in the wagon. She takes him home and nurses him back to health. Because of the head wound, he doesn't remember things at first but gradually it returns. He stays there, thinking his past life is over. His memory eventually comes back and with it, worries of what happen to all at Lallybroch. He decides to travel there and he brings his handfast wife with him. It's there he finds out that Jamie and Claire are still alive and they and Fergus have traveled to the Colonies. He and his wife travel there too and are reunited on Frasier's Mountain.

Scrappylind
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by rllcangirl on Mon 18 Sep - 3:17:09

Although I like the actor who played Murtagh and that his performance was wonderful.  I feel that allowing him to survive would be too much of a change from the books.  Besides I think they can create more of an emotional storyline of Jamie having to deal with being one of the few to survivor of the battle and loss of so many friends and family.
rllcangirl
Murtagh

Back to top Go down

Post by carterd on Sat 23 Sep - 16:49:26

Scrappylind wrote:I picture a woman with a cart going from body to body looking for her man.  She stops at a tall area of grass where she hears a groan.  She peers in and finds Murtaugh, unconscious and badly hurt.  She looks around for soldiers then loads him in the wagon. She takes him home and nurses him back to health.  Because of the head wound, he doesn't remember things at first but gradually it returns.  He stays there, thinking his past life is over.  His memory eventually comes back and with it, worries of what happen to all at Lallybroch.  He decides to travel there and he brings his handfast wife with him.  It's there he finds out that Jamie and Claire are still alive and they and Fergus have traveled to the Colonies.  He and his wife travel there too and are reunited on Frasier's Mountain.
I love it! After all, if you can time travel, why not make just one infinitesimal change, and screw the butterflies.

carterd
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose on Sat 23 Sep - 22:46:48

Interesting scrappy, Smile thank you for sharing

I too think it is better however if he died in relation to how the later books play out.

***_________________***

rendeer santa
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top