Confirmed! We will have Season 3 and 4!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confirmed! We will have Season 3 and 4!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by soniaG on Wed 1 Jun - 19:25:21

Dear all,

most of you will be dancing and jumping in the air out of sheer happiness and satisfaction Smile ! Yeah, we got ... a season three and four! Just announced by StARZ.

Here are some articles related to it :

Pls click here

How many episode and so on .. we don´t know yet! Wink

So, people .. go ahead and celebrate! Wink

As far as some say or speculate? Season 3 Voyager, Season 4 Drums!  But I do think .. we will learn more about it further down the line .. Wink ! Here is another  link:

Pls click here

And the official statement:

pls click here
Happy WorldOutlanderDay to everyone! kilt

And enjoy! Celebrate! Jump in the air .. dance and quote your favorite sentences .. drink Whiskey .. speak Gaelic ..  .. Wink  I am happy for the you all .. (also I am more a book person only)! But nevertheless hugs to everyone ..  grouphug

SoniaG
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Re: Confirmed! We will have Season 3 and 4!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by lesharon on Wed 1 Jun - 23:25:25

Hi Sonia G!

Just had to drop in to share in the celebrations! I'm really glad that it was re-newed (twice) but I never took to the books that are set in pre-independence America. I keep missing the beauty of Scotland from the earlier books. Also, the main characters will need to be aged 20+ years! SPOILER ALERT! One redeeming quality of the later books for me: Jamies's relationship with his (grown) son, William.

Slainte!

Lesharon

lesharon
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on Thu 2 Jun - 16:31:53

I want to see all books!!!!!

But it is great news to have 3&4 confirmed!!!!

BUT that means that prob until June 2018 we wont have any announcement of a season 5!!!

Lets celebrate what we can!!!!
Sunshine
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by CdnScots on Thu 2 Jun - 18:07:51

Yeah!! And now....let the anticipation (on seeing the following characters come to life) begin:

Adult Fergus
Young Ian
Marsali
Joe Abernathy
Adult Lord John Grey
Young William
Stephen Bonnet
Jocasta MacKenzie Cameron
Duncan Innes
Mr Willoughby
Nayawenne
Margaret Campbell
William Buccleigh MacKenzie
Morag Gunn MacKenzie
Lizzie Wemyss
Fiona Graham

and also:

Rollo
Ping An
Clarence
The White Sow

CdnScots
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by klm07 on Fri 3 Jun - 4:34:08

This is so exciting getting season 3 and 4. Cannot wait hopefully they wont take as long. As its sad that season 2 is nearly finished.
mex wave

klm07
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on Fri 3 Jun - 8:46:52

The white sow!!!!!! She is a force to be reckon!!!!!

What about the woman that comes to Jamie in the cave? what was her name? was McNab or something like that?
Sunshine
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Fri 3 Jun - 13:39:30

Hi Sharon et al,

I am glad that so many of you are happy about this annoucement.

lesharon wrote:... but I never took to the books that are set in pre-independence America. I keep missing the beauty of Scotland from the earlier books. Also, the main characters will need to be aged 20+ years!

.. what do you mean with never took to the books? You didn´t like the later books - after book3? Or you didn´t read them more than one time or at all?

Well, I must confess .. my most loved books are book 4 and 5 ... and book one and parts of book three.  And I learnt to love Echo also the fro and back of the Brianna&Roger storyline with the Jamie/Claire storyline and IAN/William storyline is very difficult to stand in my eyes in order to gather all the important informations.

My least favorites are DIA and ABOSSA (because of all the negative things going on .. Malva Christie, the abduction of Claire, the burning of the house and so on .. ). I like especially all the book scenery of pre-America and history about the Indians. Well, maybe because -as far as I do know - I have no real known Scotish ancestors? I like the scenery of Scotland .. but the big mountains called the Apalachian Mountains .. Fraser´s ridge .. there I would prefer to live by myself really much.  I was already there once .. shortly but I was and it was breathtaking .. (before I really was totally into this series) .. the scenery .. and Virgina as a state, also.

Regarding the aging of the actors .. well.. it is easily done screen via the makeup department .. and they don´t have to age so much because Sam&Cat are already over 35! Just add some wrinkles here and there around the neck, the eyes and the mouth and on the hands .. and voila .. you have a older Sam&Cat!

------------

Dear Sunshine,

great you are happy, too! Wink

But really does it matter - now  - if and when we will hear about further seasons? Why not be superexited and satisfied to have not one more season but two more for right now? Why not live just only in this moment? And maybe you will hear sooner than you think more about more seasons .. because if the rating of the TV show increase like it did with the current season .. Sony and Starz will make announcements much earlier in order to keep all the actors on the set. Wink

By the way .. Mary McNab .. is the woman who joins Jamie for one night in the cave.

Well, I do think, we will be in more than one surprise regarding what we will see and what we will not see on screen. Like with season one and two . .they added things and storyline which weren´t necessary and didn´t fit for me (The Watch, The Leery storyline at the river and in the last episode). So .. we will see more things/scenes omitted or jointed together in a strange way.

For me, it is more the question of how many episodes we get for each season. I would be more than happy to have season three split and have at least 8 episode for each split. It isn´t certain but Maril Davis, the TV producer, have already said more than once that thirteen episode are mostly likely because more are not working due to the time frame how long it does take only to make thirteen and the actors must be free to do others things also. Well, .. but why bother .. really .. why not take the time to split each upcoming book in two season and have altogether at least 8 episode because the book expands and expands further down the line?

-----

Dear CdnScots,  

yeah, these are all very important story players! I am really hoping they do find a real Rollo and a real connection between him and young Ian. Ian without Rollo is nothing. Wink

SoniaG

Last edited by soniaG on Sat 4 Jun - 13:55:52; edited 3 times in total
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by CdnScots on Fri 3 Jun - 19:19:22

it will also be interesting to see if Sam sheds 20-30 pounds. Not sure of the actual amount, but after 7 years in a cave, and then the years at Ardsmuir, Jamie would no doubt be looking much thinner than pre-Culloden.

One "jump the shark" idea that I would actually like to see is Murtagh surviving Culloden and finding his way back to Lallybroch - or even be the one responsible for delivering Jamie back to Lallybroch from Culloden. I highly doubt that would happen....but I can dream, can't I??? Even survive an extra 20 years so he can see Claire again??

CdnScots
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sat 4 Jun - 13:59:37

Dear CdnScots,

well, what for an imagination... Murtagh still there .. well, as far as this might me enticing .. I don´t want that happen .. because Jamie needs to feel the big pain having lost him and Murtagh´s ghost (more or less) accompanies Jamie through all the years to come. Each lost in the books happens due to a certain reason!

Also would Murtagh be in great danger to be discovered by the Brits. And Hal, Lord John´s brother, saved Jamie only because he thought he would never survive. So I really do hope they stick to the storyline. As much as I do like the actor of Murtagh. Wink And I am very fond of him.

SoniaG
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mija02 on Sat 4 Jun - 21:23:03

Hi Sonia,

Great news! Thank you for sharing it with us. I want to see all books from the Outlander series Smile  I hope so much that Starz will not take too long. Cheers!

Mija02
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by betty1955 on Sat 4 Jun - 23:36:24

Hi Sonja,
happy to hear this. I`m lokking forward to see the reunion of Jamie and Claire. ilikeit Happy panda

betty1955
Murtagh

Back to top Go down

Post by PR305 on Tue 7 Jun - 8:49:03

Hi Sonja,

I am so glad you shared this happy news with us!!!! hugbeer mouth watering
PR305
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Wed 8 Jun - 11:43:46

Thank you, dear PR305! Do like it very much to share some news I did find with you all ..

And it is .. SoniaG .. Wink
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by isismak on Mon 13 Jun - 20:08:21

Thanks for this wonderfull information

isismak
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelochar on Tue 6 Sep - 2:06:57

Any news when Season 3 will be on television ?
Angelochar
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Thu 15 Sep - 21:13:19

Dear Angelochar,

until today .. there are no clear information about when season three will be aired .. I suppose .. next year .. January maybe .. because they said (Ron and his team) earlier than we will expect it!

Hope this helps?
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top