General chat episode 16

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General chat episode 16

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Wed 27 May - 17:49:30

Please use this thread to discuss the episode.

Please
1. Keep on topic, if you want to discuss the show in general go to the general discussion thread for the series, if you want to talk about the weather go to Chat in the cafe etc.
2. Do not quote whole posts of other members when replying to their comments.
3. Do not post back to back.
4. Please remember that this episode covers serious subject matter and we ask that you be sensitive and tactful in your comments.
5. If you found the episode particularly disturbing and do not want to relive the episode, please do not read this thread.

Many thanks Smile

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: General chat episode 16

Post by Shagur on Wed 27 May - 19:14:25

Thank you Sternenglanz for opening this topic!
As we have to wait three more days until we can finally watch ep. 16 – a huge THANK YOU to Logo !!! – we might speculate as well for a little amusement?

So here some ideas how Ron could have done this episode:
- The will not bring Jamie to MacRannochs house but directly to some Abbey in Scotland;
- The gypsies might be involved: from what we see in the clips, Claire is wearing shirt and trousers; and the wagon in which they transport Jamie, perhaps is from a tinker?
- Of course, some hard to watch flashbacks from Jamies POV …
- There might be a cliffhanger, but no huge one; as Ron said „satisfying“
- Claire telling Jamie about being pregnant at the end of the ep.

Scenes would I love to see but do not really expect to see:
- Claire and Anselm feeding the carps in the pond, C. confessing she´s from the future
- Jamie in the stable-lads clothes, stubborn walking away a mile from the Abbey after Murtagh took his clothes, wanting to prevent him from leaving his room
- C&J in the pool, in the cave
- Jamie getting seasick a little bit when he rows a small boat in the harbour (not in the book, but as Cait said something about Sams „non-talent“ for rowing a boat…)
Shagur
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Wed 27 May - 21:58:05

Dear Shagur,

hear hear .. there has someone already thought a lot about the finale!!!

Can you imagine .. that on CompuServe .. there are some folks who are in Israel living and can see already episode 16! Don´t want to make anybody jealous .. but isn´t this surprising .. ?

Well, I am very proud .. I didn´t sneak into this one comment of this person!! Wink

So, back to you, dear Shagur:

Yeah, I agree .. not healing at the MacRannochs! Although I am very fond of all the scenes with Mr. & Mrs. MacRannoch ... Wink

Yes to cliffhanger at the end!

My imagination of the ending is .. due to reading so much on CompuServe .. Jamie&Claire are just on the board to France and the boat has just left the shore as we see soldiers coming to the shore on their horses but they are too late .. and then maybe we do have some private and tender moments of Jamie&Claire talking with each other and this is the time we hear about the baby ..

BJR&Jamie: we will see some further gruesome scenes (maybe two to three different flashbacks) as Claire is fighting for Jamie´s  will to live again and being with her ..

These scenes will be more shocking than what we did see so far .. BJR abusing Jamie/hint of brutal intercourse .. and BJR enjoying it ..

And lots of blood and maybe even the imprinting scene with BJR doing it .. grrgh .. argghrr ... this will be so shocking!  shocked  Evil or Very Mad  shocked (I still don´t know when and if I will see this episode right away .. scratch )

What else?

- all the busy people at the Abbey .. how life is going there .. a scene where we can see the holiness of the atmosphere there ..
- the interactions of Claire with Pater Anselm .. and others ..
- seeing only POV from Claire rescueing Jamie ..

That´s it! Wink

Last edited by soniaG on Wed 27 May - 23:18:22; edited 1 time in total
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagur on Wed 27 May - 22:20:09

Dear Sonia,

really they aired 16 in Isreal already? I´d expected them to show it in the US first. I´m kind of shocked (yes, jealous, too  shocked  )

Soldiers coming to the shore to see J&C sail away, yes, great idea!

And for sure we´ve to be prepared to see very much violence … I never visualized the rape when I read the books, always refused to do so. Just knew the fact. But the clip, BJR fully dressed bowing Jamie over the table … as you said: grrgh .. argghrr ... this will be so shocking!  sad  sad  sad

Hopefully not too much about life in the Abbey. Not enought time in the ep!
Shagur
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Wed 27 May - 23:48:19

Terrific ideas ladies, & I second that thank you to our dear Astrid (Sternenglanz68) for opening this thread.

I have a feeling this Episode will feature flashbacks.  If we are subjected to seeing the actual rape scene between BJR & Jamie, I pray they make it extremely brief.

For a light moment, we could have Rupert & Angus hold up a wagon on its way to Wentworth Prison.  Maybe carrying provisions for the soldiers.  They then use this to transport Jamie immediately to a Tavern near the docks, maybe it is owned by an old acquaintance of Murtagh's, who owes him a favour, & agrees to hide Jamie & Claire there until they board the ship to France.  Enabling Claire to fix Jamie's battered hand.  Would also provide the alcohol for medicinal purposes.  They then board a Ship & leave Port heading to the Abbey in France.  Sonia your idea about soldiers could come into play here, but from the Scottish shoreline instead.

Once at the Abbey, we see flashbacks as Jamie wrestles fever & illness.  Ideally, we would catch a quick glimpse of some of the missing conversations from Craigh na Dun.  Jamie saying to Claire the next morning "I wish I could have fought him for you" in reference to Frank.  And Claire's famous line "Because I can't do without you James Fraser" (I have left out the swearing).  
Then of course we see Claire in the act of ransoming a man' soul, & the aftermath of that

For the finale I would dearly love to see the scene in the spring beneath the Abbey - that is a classic & perfectly beautiful moment in the book.  We shall see?

In terms of a Cliffhanger moment, my own current speculation is;
Claire dreams the scene in the spring, her & Jamie sharing this intimate moment.  She then wakes, a smile glowing on her face, & her hand lightly caressing her belly.  On this happy note, she rises's, & makes her way to Jamie's room. Upon entering, she finds the room empty & his clothes strewn on the floor.  Racing from the room she meets Murtagh who says "I'm afraid he's gone Claire"  This could be the scene where Jamie staggers naked from the Abbey, to prove he is whole again.  But the audience wouldn't realise this until the first episode of Season Two.  They would be left thinking he has abandoned Claire, not knowing she is pregnant.

Well that is just my wild thoughts about what "could" happen, whilst we wait with baited breath, for the grand finale of Season One!
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Thu 28 May - 22:00:10

Shagur wrote:Dear Sonia,

really they aired 16 in Isreal already? I´d expected them to show it in the US first. I´m kind of shocked (yes, jealous, too  shocked  )

Dear Shagur,

yeah, I was surprised. It seems that Starz is on demand in Israel and there the system maybe not have noticed that there was Memorial Day or whatever!

----------------------

Dear Misty Blue,

very interesting ideas! Your way of an ending/cliffhanger is very creative and clever .. Wink Wow! Wouldn´t have come up with such an creative idea!!!

Thank you!! Wink
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Fri 29 May - 1:46:02

Shagur, SoniaG & Misty Blue, I love your thoughts.

I'm hoping we see the rape or any other part of the sexual encounters through flashbacks only. I really would like to see J & C in the pool, when she tells him she has a gift for him too. That entire encounter was so sensual in the book, it blew me away. I hope Ron captures at least a tiny portion of that.

I hope they also have some scenes with Anselm. He was so important to Claire during that difficult time.

Looking forward to the episode, no matter what.

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Fri 29 May - 13:03:51

Unfortunately, DG has already confirmed that there will be no pool scene, although she is happy with Ron's alternative. I'm a bit disappointed as I would have liked to see Jamie give that gift to Claire but I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever comes. Most of you will have seen DG's recent facebook and twitter posts, basically saying "Put-the-book-down" otherwise you will ruin your enjoyment of episode 116. I find Ron's podcasts very interesting and they often explain why the writers and producers made certain decisions re: some scenes.
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Fri 29 May - 22:25:39

Dear Teasle11,

I don´t know why but I know already a very long time that we won´t have the charming and touching end scene in the cave like in the book.

Well, what can I say .. I am somehow almost glad .. so the book story stays with me! For me the TV show is not at all the book story and don´t need to be .. Wink

It looked like from DG´s comments on CompuServe (which I posted in the Discuss the Show section) that she and Ron had a few discussions again about this episode and that they came to an 90 percent understanding/agreement. Unfortunately she won´t tell us with what she was not happy .. I am so curious ..

Unfortunately I stumpled over a early personal short review and well .. I am not sure if what was described it true or not .. who knows maybe this person faked all .. but in any case .. I do believe that this episode will be regarding cruelty worse than what we did see in episode 15 ..

I won´t forget DG´s comment .. to all who want to skip 15 and go for 16! She said .. these people will be in a shock for their life .. well .. we will see, won´t we?

Maybe I will postpone my watching a little bit .. reading first some review and then .. scratch

Nevertheless .. are there anybody else out there .. who wants to speculate about what we will see in episode 16? I would be very much interested to read more ideas!! Wink

Dear connieg,

good to hear that you like about what we already did speculate! Wink So .. I do think or read somewhere (probably again) that the scenes with Tobias will definitely flash backs ... we will see it when Claire is trying to heal or better to call back Jamie from the abyss he is about to approach .. because we will be this time in the seat of Jamie instead of Claire ..

But what we don´t know .. how long will these flash backs last? How detailed?

And regarding Pater Anselm, him we will see, too .. ! Did you see the trailers .. we all posted in the clips&trailers section naming To Ransom A Man´s Soul?

soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Sun 31 May - 3:05:02

Ladies

Just saw the episode and its is.........WOW WOW WOW. The flashbacks were oh so dark, sadistic and painful. Shall I spoil it for you or let you see it for yourself? What a question. I will add the end justifies the means here in !!!!! You must see it and we should allow all of our ladies to view this before we comment. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALLOW ALL OF OUR REGULARS TO SEE THIS EPISODE FIRST AND EXPERIENCE IT AS A VIRGIN BEFORE WE CRITIQUE IT. Then lets all come together as we shall for our wait will be long for season 2.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 31 May - 3:44:02

Hey lochness!

So glad you're back among us.....long time no posts, are you back from China now?!  
Well, I must say that I've been lurking on Diana's CompuServe and Facebook sites and most of the posts are very much in agreement with you about the finale and I don't think that anything you say could spoil it for me - from who shows full frontal nudity to who doesn't. Is that subtle enough?

As you know, sometime ago, I separated the book series from the television series - I had to or go berserk with what was different.  Diana's comments certainly helped me to do that!

I'm looking forward to discussing it all in great depth during the next.....LONG....droughtlander!

welcomeback

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Sun 31 May - 4:25:08

Dear Ayrlassie yes I am back and looking forward to discussing all the details with everyone. It will certainly make the Droughtlander seem that much shorter.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 31 May - 4:40:26

Dear Lochness,

In Canada, we have to wait until tomorrow night to watch on Showcase....and....they have the dreaded commercials.....and, they have cut certain scenes from their broadcast mad in past episodes.

logo1960 (Lorraine) is currently travelling in Scotland and she's said that she has her 'naughty computer' with her to download and up-load the finale for all of us to enjoy.  As much as I want to watch it via the forum, I wouldn't want Lorraine to take anything away from enjoying time with her husband and the beautiful Scotland that we've all come to know.

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sun 31 May - 8:18:50

Dear Lochness, dear Ayrlassie, dear all who are reading this here .. Wink

I am very glad, too, that you are back, dear Lochness. I remember that you will return to your home around 30th of May, right? Hope your travels went well and so on .. looking forward to some nice discussions .. Wink

Ah, dear Ayrlassie .. already the podcast here ... you are so quick! But I will stay away from it .. like you I am reading CompuServe Threads a lot and so nothing will be totally a surprise for me .. but I am debating with myself not to watch very soon (if it will be here available .. but I might change my mind! Wink

soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee1970 on Sun 31 May - 9:57:33

I'm a bit torn about ep. 16. I thought the flashbacks were great and it was brilliant acting too. I also see why they moved the abbey to Scotland. But the healing part was far too short and didn't quite to the story justice; especially considering the scene where Murtagh said to Claire that someone will have to go into the darkness with him. Would have expected a bit more of this part of the story. It felt a bit rushed. But overall, glad I stays up (although I was absolutely knackered) until midnight to watch the season finale.

Banshee1970
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 31 May - 11:23:04

ayrlassie wrote:logo1960 (Lorraine) is currently travelling in Scotland and she's said that she has her 'naughty computer' with her to download and up-load the finale for all of us to enjoy.  As much as I want to watch it via the forum, I wouldn't want Lorraine to take anything away from enjoying time with her husband and the beautiful Scotland that we've all come to know.

I completely agree Norma, Lorraine should be allowed to thoroughly enjoy her vacation, with her family.  I was not surprised when she said she was sneaking her computer away with her.  She has always been so generous with regards to us devoted Outlandions.  So in return, we can honour her dedication & kindness, with patience & gratitude!

But, I look forward to discussing Epsiode 16 with you all at a later stage.  And great to have you back with us lochness. Smile

PS; Seems like my random theories have been blown out of the water though, with regards to the finale - oh well, it was a fun venture to pass the time away - HE-HE!! scratch
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlight on Sun 31 May - 12:13:34

Hello everybody,
I don´t want to spoil anything. The only thing I want to say that this episode is the most bravest and courageous thing I´ve ever seen on TV!!

Yes, it is different from the book and I miss the cave scene. But I can always reread the scene in the book as often as I want to and have all the tender, hot, staemy...... pictures in my head. Nobody can take them from me.

But what I´ve seen on screen is breathtaking. What Tobias Menzies and Sam Heughan have done is unique. And Ana Foerster..... well what can I say? She gave us all the sensual, tender and wonderfull wedding and now she gave us the beautyfully disturbing, unsetteling and upsetting episode ever. She did a great Job.

I don´t know when I will be able to watch the last two episodes again but I know that they are outstanding!

moonlight

Last edited by moonlight on Sun 31 May - 12:16:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

moonlight
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Sun 31 May - 13:20:46

I stayed up until midnight too to watch it. Wish I hadn't, couldn't sleep afterwards and still feel sick and anxious. That may be due to impending droughtlander though! I'll be watching again with my mum and bf later (gulp) and I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to view before I go into detail but I've never shouted "Jesus Christ!!!" and flapped my hands at my laptop screen whilst simultaneously trying to see past them before lol.
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Sun 31 May - 13:33:16

Welcome back Lochness, I've missed you!
Sunday morning is usually my guilty pleasure watching the latest episode on the forum, but since #16 isn't on yet (because Lorraine should be enjoying her vacation!), I'll watch it tonight on Showcase (although it won't be the same with the commercials and who knows what scenes they'll cut out Crying or Very sad )
I'll be back to discuss!

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by molliecollie on Sun 31 May - 17:07:17

A heartfelt thank you to you Logo for making this possible, I have loved every (well, almost every!) moment of this series. So sorry to have lost the young carefree Jamie to BJR. Looking forward to DIA.

molliecollie
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Sun 31 May - 17:45:06

Dear Sonia,Ayrlassie,ConnieG,Moonlight and All I got back a few days before but have had to play catch up with the schedule. As Diana has said "Put The Book Down" and just enjoy this final episode for what it is. I agree it is truly remarkable in its own right.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacq01 on Sun 31 May - 18:40:44

I just watched it, and although knowing the book, I still had goosebumps all over. Tobias and Sam delivered a masterpiece in acting in epi 15 and 16. They left me in awe.
Jacq01
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelochar on Sun 31 May - 18:49:57

Thank you again for uploading the episode.

Can't believe we have to wait now for the next season.

This was a very intense episode but done very well. So happy that Claire and Jamie are on their way to France.

Any idea when the next season starts?
Angelochar
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Sun 31 May - 19:11:44

All I am going to say at this point, (for as lochness rightly says; 'lets give everyone a fair chance to view this Episode first'), it was a "Masterpiece" of acting, from Sam, Caitrona & Tobias.
It totally took my breath away, on several occassions.  And as another member pointed out "watching with your hands clasped to your face" was unavoidable in some parts.

Almost a whole hour of just "Wow! OMG moments"!

And I know I have already said it, but a "Humongous" thank you to Lorraine for making all this possible.  Your status, has probably risen to worldwide "Heroine" by now! cheers

Last edited by Misty Blue on Sun 31 May - 19:25:36; edited 1 time in total
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion1968 on Sun 31 May - 19:21:01

wooooooooooooow..I am speechless.....what an end...

Sam is soooooooooooo unbelieveable..he is one of the best actors I have ever seen....his voice even changed in the flashbacks....he`s totally got me.
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top