General Chat for Episode 13.

Post by tearose on Sat 2 May - 22:01:11

Discuss away.......
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: General Chat for Episode 13.

Post by Teasle11 on Sun 3 May - 1:33:20

I feel sick and want to cry...this was an amazing episode, beautifully acted, fantastic story line and OMG Jamie's face in so many scenes, it's like they're lingering on every expression to torture those of us that know what's coming! Can't think of anything I didn't like
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sun 3 May - 12:19:23

Dear all,

for those who are not fearing any spoiler .. the trailer for the episode after the yesterday aired episode "The Watch" is here .. put it in the clips&trailer area! Wink

Just to spice a little bit the overall waiting time up .. Wink

SoniaG

soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Sun 3 May - 14:54:16

Dear Teasle and All I agree. Very well done indeed . I especially enjoyed the different look inside the "Watch" and perhaps what might have been for Jamie's path. Very credible alternate storyline and now we get see what they do with the next episode. Really liked how they developed the relationship between Claire and Jenny as well. All in two thumbs up! cheers ilikeit
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Sun 3 May - 17:41:05

Teasle & Lochness, where did you watch it?

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sun 3 May - 17:42:46

Dear Connieg,

both are watching it independantly from here. Lochness, I believe it .. watch it on Comcast .. I´ve heard!

Logo is currently trying to upload the episode .. it will need some more time! Wink
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Sun 3 May - 18:01:40

Thanks Sonia. I realize she's having difficulty, but we've been so spoiled by her Wink I can watch it here in Canada tonight, but I have trouble staying awake and I hate the commercial interruptions!

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Sun 3 May - 18:03:49

Sorry, I have Amazon Prime, I'm weak and can't wait, watched it at midnight, I was so emotional about the episode, had to say something but i'll restrain myself in future.
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sun 3 May - 18:07:54

Teasle11 wrote:Sorry, I have Amazon Prime, I'm weak and can't wait, watched it at midnight, I was so emotional about the episode, had to say something but i'll restrain myself in future.

Dear Teasle11,

hey, your are not weak .. Wink

Why restrain? It is not necessary .. Wink! This thread is for talking about it .. chatting away! If someone goes here and don´t want to have spoilers .. should just stay away from it! Lochness often comments also before anybody else has seen it .. that is just the way it is .. Wink

For me it is a pleasure to hear from a new episode even if I haven´t watched it. Have today read lots of reviews and know now exactly what is coming .. and for that I am glad. Smile
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Sun 3 May - 18:14:52

Dear Sonia,Teasle,connieG and all yes I have Comcast(Xfinity) so its on demand just after midnight here in the US Saturday morning. However all of you are going to be able to see 115 before me as I will be in China Wink So I will rely on all your comments before I get a chance on that one. Teasle don't worry about it a bit. Most of us have already read the books and so the surprise is not as much plus  as the ladies of the forum realize this chat will have spoilers galore.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Sun 3 May - 19:10:21

I hope everyone gets to see it soon so we can get down to discussing properly bounce
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Sun 3 May - 20:17:33

I was just looking at comments for episode 13 on Diana's FB page. It sounds awesome, will have to stay awake tonight for sure to watch....commercials be damned :D

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 3 May - 22:22:52

Hello All:

Just finished watching here on the Forum......LOVED IT!!!!  Nothing bad to say at all - agree with all the previous comments but will have to re-watch in order to get my thoughts together.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it Wink

P.S. Just checked my email inbox and it's all Outlander post notifications-that's never happened before!

Last edited by ayrlassie on Sun 3 May - 22:26:28; edited 1 time in total

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona on Sun 3 May - 22:24:41

Just saw it - Thanks to Lorraine - and found it heartwrenching ! Loved all the characters. Very good alternative storyline. I read on FB that Herself likes it, too. Now we're going to be in agony knowing what's coming soon - same feeling one could read in Claire's face. Loved the episode, glad I managed to see it today.

Last edited by Ilona on Sun 3 May - 22:25:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Ilona
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Sun 3 May - 23:40:29

Dear All got this from the Hollywood reporter site with a Ron Moore interview. Would Jaime have turned to this if he hadn't met Claire? Was Jaime ever facing a dilemma as to his life path after falling in love with Claire? I am not getting this from the books? What do you think? It is an interesting turn that they have added to the TV production.

We made up the character of Taran McQuarrie, but the idea was for him to basically be what Jamie could’ve become if he hadn’t met Claire. Jamie wasn’t a saint before. He was a criminal and an outlaw when Claire met him [and we] wanted it to create a little bit of a dilemma for Jamie. We wanted this guy to tempt him and say, "There’s a lot of money to be made and a lot of adventure to be had” and there’s a little part of Jamie who is tempted by that.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Mon 4 May - 1:23:03

Yes, lochness, I read that too.  If that was what they hoped to convey with this episode then I thought they failed but others might disagree with that. Due to Sam's acting and facial expressions you do see him give a bit of thought but then IMO - it was gone in a flash.  

I think that it comes down to creating something for non-book readers that will perhaps make it more 'screen worthy' somehow and keep them watching.....without alienating those of us who truly know the characters and that Jamie would NEVER choose this path and abandon Claire.  I don't know - you've posed an interesting question, as always lochness Wink

Oh, and have safe travels to China you globe-trotter you!

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelochar on Mon 4 May - 1:40:02

Another great episode! The suspense is killing me, as I sit here eatting my Tums!!

Next Sunday can't get here soon enough.
Angelochar
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Mon 4 May - 1:41:34

Oh, and have safe travels to China you globe-trotter you!

Thanks Ayrlassie.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by connieg on Mon 4 May - 1:51:44

Finally saw it and loved it. Lochness, food for thought. I'm with Ayrlassie though. I don't think Jamie would have joined the Watch for money, even if he didn't have Claire to look after. I think he has too much integrity for that.

connieg
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Mon 4 May - 1:55:36

hello there Hello Everyone:
Oh Hell! Here I go again! "Odd man out!"

Comments referring to this being a good episode even with the new revised story line...you could be right...story was interesting...how could Diana not agree to changes, she legally has no say in what Ron does....

"Odd man out" - I have problems with scenes & dialogue that belonged back in previous episodes but I do have one big issue & that is the whole new story created with 'The Watch'....'The Watch' (a number of regiments, some were from the local people from Highlands but not sure if all were ) was set up just after the start of the Jacobite uprising back in 1715. In 1725 their paid job was to patrol the Highlands to prevent cattle rustling and smuggling & apprehending criminals would be part of their job. I have never seen any written material anywhere that even hinted that 'The Watch' did anything improper such as killing, raiding, rape, abusing people & burning their homes.....So Diana's version of Jamie being caught by 'The Watch' (who were told Jamie was a declared criminal & where to ambush him) was the proper accurate version that would have been just as exciting & less wasteful of time taken to build new characters & scenes at Lallybroch. I am personally tired of TV, Movies & News Medias that fudge, distort or out-and-out lie about facts and history instead of helping to further mankindss knowledge about everything. It is unacceptable in this day & age for people to be lacking in proper knowledge:!:.... mad .A good example of lack of information - not far back in the seventies & even early eighties there were still many people in the USA (our neighbours across the border) who actually thought once they crossed the border all of Canada had snow all year round...like what:?: Question  they thought we were all Inuit:?: Question  (oops! sorry at that time the people were still referred to as Eskimos).

The time saved on following Diana's story line would have allowed for more building of Jamie & Claire's daily life at Lallybroch & interaction with family & tenants...J & C's romps in the hay stacks & elsewhere. Even something small like Murtagh arriving to bring all Claire belongings & medicine box & medicines. Murtagh is never far from Jamie in case he is needed. Probably Ron has dispensed with another important character:?:
Well that's my first thoughts Exclamation Thoughts anyone Question Regards
Aikman Lass

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Mon 4 May - 2:12:03

not far back in the seventies & even early eighties there were still many people in the USA (our neighbours across the border) who actually thought once they crossed the border all of Canada had snow all year round...like what:?: Question  they thought we were all Inuit:?: Question  (oops! sorry at that time the people were still referred to as Eskimos).

Dear Aikman Lass you mean your not all intuit? Seriously in the early seventies I had an Optician who was a Canuck before it was a hockey team. I think half the stories he use to tell me were well..... He was a big old French Canadian with a very fierce voice. We are all crazy hockey fans down here who even traveled to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto when we were kids. I have been to many places in your lovely country and appreciate what amazing people you all are. On my wish list the Calgary Stampede. Love you all and thank goodness you are our neighbor. Smile
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Mon 4 May - 2:26:01

Dear All I really wanted to post this somewhere and thought you wouldn't mind much. Sorry Logo its back to back but hey  I am only quoting the article. Just when you thought it was safe to open your eyes and uncross your fingers guess what Ron and company are doing with Episode 114? Do you suppose Murtagh will make a guest appearance? Wink First quote is from Laura which is the one that made me the most uncomfortable. Remember Claire and Murtagh did the tavern scene and met Dougal in the cave. Heck maybe I am over reacting which wouldn't be the first time. I did see a scene of Claire riding off with "band" of clan brothers looking determined in previous Outlander photo releases suggesting they off to spring Jaime so maybe they will still hook this up after all the other stuff.

"In the third episode that I'm in, Caitriona and I are just on horses the whole time and it's just the two of us out to find Jamie and there was a real sense of just this kind of sisterly bond of us being out in the wild and fending for ourselves," Laura told Access. "And that was a really fun storyline for both of us to be able to be part of and we had a lot of fun shooting all of that stuff."
Read more at http://www.accesshollywood.com/outlander-claires-next-move-after-jamiethe-watch-shocker_article_107152#IMkFYe8JdJ7LCPbV.99

"This is -- it's a huge shift and the wonderful thing about it is that you see Claire and Jenny get to – it's almost like they go on a female Western. They get to be the rescuers and I love that that's being flipped. ... It's really fun, fun stuff," Caitriona said of the scenes involving the two women on a mission to save Jamie, in the Highlands of Scotland. "Laura and I were running around on our horses with our guns. It was just so much fun."
Read more at http://www.accesshollywood.com/outlander-claires-next-move-after-jamiethe-watch-shocker_article_107152#IMkFYe8JdJ7LCPbV.99
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Mon 4 May - 3:16:54

lochness wrote:
Dear Aikman Lass you mean your not all intuit? Seriously in the early seventies I had an Optician who was a Canuck before it was a hockey team. I think half the stories he use to tell me were well..... He was a big old French Canadian with a very fierce voice. We are all crazy hockey fans down here who even traveled to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto when we were kids. I have been to many places in your lovely country and appreciate what amazing people you all are. On my wish list the Calgary Stampede. Love you all and thank goodness you are our neighbor. Smile

Dear lochness.
....and we, north of your border are very happy and fortunate to have you as our allies, friends and neighbours (yes, that's how we spell it!).  If you're planning a visit to Calgary for the Stampede perhaps you'll come a bit farther West and visit Vancouver as well - we'd love to have you come and see a Canucks' hockey game, hopefully they'll go farther in the play-offs next year!  Or, perhaps you and your wife ski.....Whistler is a world class resort and beautiful area.  Come to think of it though, you'd have to make two trips cause the Stampede happens in the summer and both events I've mentioned are in colder climes - reference to it being winter all year round here lol!  Wink

Dear Aikman lass,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and very observant feelings regarding this episode - I appreciate your point of view.  As I've stated before, the only way I can continue watching the t.v. series is to separate it from the books and just see it as a different perspective, story-line twist for the viewers pleasure (not always mine) and not compare the two...if at some point that's not possible, then I won't watch it anymore.  I did, however enjoy this episode for it's entertainment value but that's just me.

My first love is the books and I will always go back to them....which I have.....MANY times.

P.S. I'm sure you're not the odd man out!

Last edited by ayrlassie on Mon 4 May - 3:20:58; edited 1 time in total

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Mon 4 May - 3:20:19

lochness wrote:Would Jaime have turned to this if he hadn't met Claire? Was Jaime ever facing a dilemma as to his life path after falling in love with Claire? I am not getting this from the books? What do you think?

hello there Evening lochness:
True we don't really get any impressions one way or the other as to Jamie's plans for his future except to get info from Horrocks that might help clear his name so he could be free to return home to be Laird of Lallybroch. My own thoughts.....if he couldn't clear his name then he (and Claire once married) could have continued to live with his uncle Colum. As a nephew he would have been had a home, food, & a living...relatively safe.....or they could have opted for France and take up the business with his Fraser uncle...again even a safer choice. Joining 'The Watch' would not be even a niggle in Jamie's mind because he is still charged as a criminal 'cattle rustling & murder'.....arrest would mean his death.

We made up the character of Taran McQuarrie, but the idea was for him to basically be what Jamie could’ve become if he hadn’t met Claire. Jamie wasn’t a saint before. He was a criminal and an outlaw when Claire met him [and we] wanted it to create a little bit of a dilemma for Jamie. We wanted this guy to tempt him and say, "There’s a lot of money to be made and a lot of adventure to be had” and there’s a little part of Jamie who is tempted by that.

Pshaw!! That is Ron's justification for his further debasing of Diana's story....not many people can be considered saints....Jamie was innocent but an accused criminal for BJR sick purposes....I can't believe anyone knowing the character of Jamie & his dreams to go home to Lallybroch could even consider for a moment that Jamie is tempted......aaah but now Ron has created a new Jamie for the story. Just finished listening to music soniaG posted that was created for the 'Outlander musical'. Hope it makes it to theatres near me....think I'd enjoy the musical much better than 'THE RONLANDER' show. As you can see I'm very disillusioned with this show. My thoughts!!

Regards
Aikman Lass

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Mon 4 May - 3:31:10

Okay.....I'm totally confused now (nothing new!) Too much cross-posting......I'm done!

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top