Post by tearose on Sat 25 Apr - 20:58:17

Please share with us what scene you did or did not like and why. Smile
tearose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite and least favourite scenes

Post by Marion1968 on Sun 26 Apr - 7:31:31

Wooow.A drunken Jamie.

But Who are the lads in the final scene???

Couldn't remember that from the books
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sun 26 Apr - 9:20:02

- The intro with Claire and Jamie riding to Lallybroch - stunning! What a country!
- Jenny and Jamie in front of their Dad´s grave almost made me cry
- Interaction between Jenny and Claire - great. Laura Donelly outacts them all except for....
- .... Tobias Menzies "uncut" lol! Thought something was wrong with my eyes! Has there ever been an age limit on this series. If not there probably is now Wink. He was great when being in the room with Jenny starting to touch her. I was so tensed waiting for him to punch her in the face when he stroke her face and put his finger in her mouth. What a mimic!

- The flash backs of the whipping scenes were the least favourite. Still haven´t watch episode 6 completely or better with my eyes open due to the whipping scenes. And Jamies father´s dead while watching it  Crying or Very sad  pale
- And the scene at the mill. They changed a lot there too and that´s ok it´s not the book but I actually missed Granny McNab and Claire being her crazy daughter and of course Jamies with his Granddad´s red long johns on  though seeing Sam almost naked was a nice Sunday morning treat  lol!

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion1968 on Sun 26 Apr - 9:30:50

A great episode.
Really talented actors.

But I must confess: Tobias is the devil in person..what an great actor. .I sat there with my pillow that I can hide my face with it.....soooo scary and weird.

Looking foward to next sunday morning. Thanks for the Quick uploads.
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Loved it!

Post by Susanne_OL on Sun 26 Apr - 16:07:56

Favourites: definitely Jamie drunk - and hung over Wink
And I loved the interaction between Jamie and Jenny - stubborn, proud Frasers, and in the end so very honest and loving.

Hard to watch Jamie being flogged, of course, but this is so crucial to the story that they had to show it, I think.

And I, too, missed Granny McNab and the red underpants! ;-D

Susanne_OL
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by juliar on Mon 27 Apr - 22:18:53

I agree with all of the above.
Drunk Jamie is sooo cute. Relationship between Jamie and Jenny is great.

No least favorite...my 2nd best episode. (still love episode 9 best)
juliar
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Tue 28 Apr - 5:38:42

Hello:  I love Scottish scenery like landscapes and ancient ruins.  sunny In one scene Jamie has gone to find & fix the problem that has stopped the mill grinding mechanism from working. I loved seeing this very old mill called Preston's Mill located in East Lothian. The present one dates from the 18th century but there was an earlier mill there in the 16th century. Too bad the Phantassie Doocot nearby is too big the producers could have panned over the landscape and shown it also. Maybe the weather was a bit overcast because the mill has many nice details and is a little bit more colourful than what we see in the film . I would have posted a picture of the mill here as it ties in with the Lallybroch show but not sure if it is allowed in this area. I'll post if anyone wants to see it.
Regards
Aikman Lass

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Tue 28 Apr - 6:22:58

Sternenglanz68 wrote:- And the scene at the mill.  I actually missed Granny McNab and Claire being her crazy daughter and of course Jamies with his Granddad´s red long johns on  though seeing Sam almost naked was a nice Sunday morning treat  lol!

Hi Sternenglanz68:
I am so with you on this scene in Lallybroch. I to feel Granny McNab should have been there in that scene ......and I have to say what is with the producers...do they not understand the big effect a certain scene can have for viewers....0]]Which is a better visual: Jamie's white shirt caught in the mill wheel or those funny loose drooping red flannel drawers covered in patches of many colours & textures coming up out of the water like a red warning flag of danger (a nice touch...that maybe Jamie's father had also fixed the mill in those colorful drawers) . Jamie still ends up "au natural"! [/b]Logic is Jamie would have been diving down under to check the wheels & cogs so those loose drawers would have come off very easily (not the shirt though). I love the red drawers.....does anyone else prefer the drawers scene??
Regards
Aikman Lass

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion1968 on Tue 28 Apr - 8:24:56

Hi .
Just watched this episode once again and I liked it very much.
As I said before...they all are great actors and the whole thing is just as near to the books as possible.
Of course there are lots of things missing..Granny McNab is just one example..
But for me it is perfect.....I am happy to see all my heros come to life after more than 20 years.....the crew is doing a wonderful job.

In Episode12 I like the character of Jenny so much..a great woman...great humour..great actress.
And of course the lovely scenes of Scotland in the beginning are so stunning.
I am looking foward to the next episodes.......I am ready.
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by buttwheat on Tue 28 Apr - 14:19:43

Favorite scenes include any that included Jenny. What a great actress. I also liked drunk Jamie and Claire finding humor in it. I liked the scene at the mill, even with the change of having Jenny rather than granny McNab. Would have rather the red flannel drawers than the white shirt. Actually, I don't understand why they would have changed that bit. I will admit I did want to hear Jamie say to Claire with a bum like that whats it matter if she has a face like a sheep. They missed some opportunities to add some humor and depth to the characters but still a great episode, looking forward to next week.

buttwheat
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Tue 28 Apr - 18:08:43

Aikman Lass wrote:Hello:  I love Scottish scenery like landscapes and ancient ruins. ... I loved seeing this very old mill called Preston's Mill located in East Lothian. The present one dates from the 18th century but there was an earlier mill there in the 16th century. Too bad the Phantassie Doocot nearby is too big the producers could have panned over the landscape and shown it also. Maybe the weather was a bit overcast because the mill has many nice details and is a little bit more colourful than what we see in the film

Dear Aikman Lass,

wow .. thank you so very much for this details and background informations. I would love I love you to see these pictures. Very interesting what you are letting us know .. Wink a big smile to you!

Well, yeah the many colors of this particular scene were almost dull .. I imagined this scene much more colorful, vivid  .. and

regarding ...

"Which is a better visual: Jamie's white shirt caught in the mill wheel or those funny loose drooping red flannel drawers covered in patches of many colours & textures coming up out of the water like a red warning flag of danger (a nice touch...that maybe Jamie's father had also fixed the mill in those colorful drawers)"

.. I agree with you here. And wow .. never saw it like this ..  the color red as a red warning and a foreshadow  with all what is coming for Jamie and Claire!!!

Thank you for pointing out this to us .. hug

Yours,

SoniaG
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Tue 28 Apr - 23:22:34

soniaG wrote:
Aikman Lass wrote:Hello:  I love Scottish scenery like landscapes and ancient ruins. ... I loved seeing this very old mill called Preston's Mill located in East Lothian. The present one dates from the 18th century
Dear Aikman Lass,
wow .. thank you so very much for this details and background informations. I would love  I love you  to see these pictures. Very interesting what you are letting us know .. Wink a big smile to you!

Hi soniaG:
Glad you like the information....I love learning about most things I see around me...I find so many things interesting in life. Wasn't sure if I could post a picture to the chat threads even if it directly connects to the Lallybroch scene......so check out 'photos of Scotland' where I've been posting all my favorite and also interesting sites in Scotland. Posted especially for you. Thanks for your comments.

Regards
Aikman Lass  

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Wed 29 Apr - 18:11:22

Aikman Lass wrote:
Glad you like the information....I love learning about most things I see around me...I find so many things interesting in life. Wasn't sure if I could post a picture to the chat threads even if it directly connects to the Lallybroch scene......so check out 'photos of Scotland' where I've been posting all my favorite and also interesting sites in Scotland. Posted especially for you. Thanks for your comments.

Dear Aikman Lass,

THANK you many times!! So kind of you .. I am feeling honored ..

soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagur on Sun 3 May - 10:22:16

As ep. 13 is not online yet I just re-watched ep. 12;

they spent 24 seconds of precious TV time showing Jamie&Claire&Donas from behind as they approached Lallybroch ... surprised   ... no wonder they have to shorten some other scenes ...
Shagur
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sun 3 May - 12:10:26

Shagur wrote:As ep. 13 is not online yet I just re-watched ep. 12;

they spent 24 seconds of precious TV time showing Jamie&Claire&Donas from behind as they approached Lallybroch ... surprised   ... no wonder they have to shorten some other scenes ...

Wow, dear Shagur,

this is really too much time .. Wink Just rewatch the last minutes again but quit then .. I still don´t like most of this episode not!

Just right now I am busy with hearing the podcast of episode 13 (I know weird .. as a preparation to this Sunday episode THE WATCH) and I am not happy why Ron and his team needs to put more action and invent a new event .. really! As if the stories per se are not already full of drama, angst, almost killing, almost rape ...

Well, chacun a son gout .. each according to his own taste .. Wink
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Sun 3 May - 13:22:27

soniaG wrote:
Shagur wrote: I just re-watched ep. 12;

Wow, dear Shagur,
this is really too much time .. Wink Just rewatch the last minutes again but quit then .. I still don´t like most of this episode not!
Just right now I am busy with hearing the podcast of episode 13..... THE WATCH and I am not happy why Ron and his team needs to put more action and invent a new event ..  
Well, chacun a son gout .. each according to his own taste .. Wink

Madainn mhath soniaG & Shagur:

Shagur:
I think if we re-watch all the episodes we will find many areas where Ron has wasted time....Take away some of the scenery panning, a few other wasted moments and all the new story lines he created...we could have had the real Outlander in all it's glory.

soniaG: Hope reviewing the last episode was easier for you this time around violence is always devasting to watch for so many people.
With each episode that comes out the story line gets further bastardized by Ron....what is new Question  Question Your mention of more invented material just has me so disgusted with this producer....he not only lied to Diana during all the promo interviews 'stating he would stay as close the Outlander story as possible'.....but even worse he lied to the people most interested in this book coming to life...the people who would make up a very large portion of avid viewers...THE OUTLANDER READERS LIKE US Exclamation  Exclamation ...lochness was thinking that the next episode would have some redeeming quality to improve a connection between Claire & Jenny......not sure that really matters anymore if Ron has taken us another step further from the book with a new scene........

Like I've said before in some of my posts....this is about Ron going for fame, adulation, awards for himself, Terry and the TV show....and let's not forget loads of money from DVD sales, Outlander trinkets, other broadcasters purchasing the show for airing, etc. etc. etc.......Ron needs to take off that kilt!!!

Regards
Aikman Lass

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by outlander12 on Sun 3 May - 13:59:03

Loved this episode, love the drunk jamie, jeñy being very scottish and calling claire a trollop,ha. But i kept expecting them to say that " frazers were stubborn as rocks". Love this show
outlander12
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top