General Chat episode 12

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Chat episode 12

Post by Shagur on Sun 3 May - 8:50:50

ayrlassie wrote:
Dear shagur - there will always be people who just want the 'fluffy' stuff.  I guess there's enough evil in the world that they don't want or can't go there.

Yes I agree, but with "heavy", I wanted to express that because of the weight of the book she was a bit of scared the hardcover book would fall on her face ... scotsmile
Shagur
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Sun 3 May - 16:52:42

it is like Diana had involuntary made a scientific examinations of all kind of kinds of rape/forced sexual intercouse/almost rape.

Dear Sonia it does appear that way doesn't it. This world of ours we live in has all sorts of challenges for women. Here in the US we like to think that they are protected by laws and the courts but the truth is that rape often goes unpunished because of the system which fails to work as a deterrent. In abuse other then rape we have woman battered and abused in some cases leaving them suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome and depression. I am afraid I can't myself even comprehend all of this as it goes on in our "modern" society. In other cultures today bordering on tribal females are still treated like property. For many women so violated forgiveness is often not enough.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sun 3 May - 19:38:24

I hear you, dear Lochness! Well, you know .. like I´m just rereading in DRAGONFLY IN AMBER, Claire is saying (paraprasing):

"You can´t rescue the world but you can rescue the person in front you!"  

That is all what I have to say right now .. Wink! By the way .. travel savely to China!
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Mon 4 May - 1:49:41

That is all what I have to say right now .. Wink

Dear Sonia thanks.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content