General Chat episode 12

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Chat episode 12

Post by lochness on Thu 30 Apr - 17:21:25

Dear Sonia,Aikman Lass,Shagur,Ayrlassie & All

Here is a clip from 113 and the interaction between Claire and Jenny. As I thought these two will make that female bonding that will help Claire's Lallybroch experience. It's titled "Coming Into The World A True Scot." Wink

http://www.outlandertvnews.com/2015/04/second-clip-from-outlander-episode-113-the-watch/
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Thu 30 Apr - 17:46:24

Hi lochness,

Thanks for sharing, but unfortunately it won't play for me so I guess it's a US only thing  -  but I'm sure someone will post an international one soon!

You might also be interested to read an interview with Diana that I posted under the thread Diana Gabaldon Most powerful author - it's very insightful.  If you read it, tell me what you think.

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Thu 30 Apr - 18:03:40

Hello dear lochness - have tried to play clip too but keeps saying - 'error loading stream - could not connect to server'. Had assumed it was a UK thing, but reading ayrlassies post obviously not. Thank you for finding though! Smile

Thanks for the tip Norma, will definitely drop in to have a read later, off to finish preparing dinner! Wink
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Thu 30 Apr - 18:20:32

Dear Misty Blue & Ayrlassie

Its off the Outlander TV News site www.outlandertvnews.com See if this gets you access.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Thu 30 Apr - 19:03:56

Dear all,

no worry.. I have found it and will post it in the trailer section ... !

-------------------------------

Dear Lochness ..

if you are posting any trailer and so on .. pls post all trailers/videos in the clips and trailer section! I am always open a new thread for each new episode .. that would be great. Thank you for finding it .. Wink! The reason for not being able to see it for the most of us are international rights .. Wink I am always looking for the youtube version .. there all people here can see it .. Wink

Hope you don´t mind this explanation .. ?!?

-------------------------------

It is here ..

Pls click me!

Enjoy!

Last edited by soniaG on Thu 30 Apr - 19:20:48; edited 2 times in total
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Thu 30 Apr - 19:10:42

Dear Sonia

Will do. Thanks.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Thu 30 Apr - 19:18:57

lochness wrote:Dear Sonia

Will do. Thanks.

Ah, dear Lochness,

we have to thank you .. you have found it! kilt  So I could found it .. Wink! Just forgot today to check youtube if there are new trailers here ..

And for the future .. Sunday evening ususally pops the first trailer up .. and then I post it here! So .. if you have seen an episode and dying to see the next .. just look in this trailer&clip section and you can nourish your curiosity! Wink

P.S.

Dear Ayrlassie .. nothing to apologise! Thank you for the hint where to find the video! I usually not looking in the Cat/Sam sections .. Wink

Dear Misty Blue,

thank you for your words and compliments!!! My big congratulations that you have now suceeded in separating these two kind of story telling of Jamie & Claire! Wink Kudos to you .. that you are so good in doing it .. mex wave

Last edited by soniaG on Thu 30 Apr - 22:10:28; edited 1 time in total
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Thu 30 Apr - 20:15:24

THANK YOU SONIA!!!  As always we love & appreciate all your efforts to keep us "OUTLANDIONS" up to date & informed!  You Diane & ayrlassie are our key 'PUBLICITY & MEDIA' people, alongside our FANTASTIC ADMIN TEAM!!! cheers   And to all members who share the links, articles etc; regarding Episode 12, the other Episodes, & Outlander related topics in general - I SALUTE YOU ALL!!!
hello there scotflag hello there   grouphug
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Thu 30 Apr - 21:55:47

WOW!!! MISTY BLUE .. what a compliment! WOW!!! bounce  cheers  bounce

What can I say except .. THANK YOUUUUUUUUU, my Dear!!!!!!!! And a big big big  hug  and  hugbeer !!
AND excited happy   excited happy and  nessie and kilt

and sending to you lots of I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you and  flower  flower  to you, dear Misty Blue!

-----------------------------------------

very happy  very happy

Dear all,

I just rewatched the witch trial and by the pricking of my thumbs and  I must admit I did enjoy much more than seeing it the first time. Okay .. for the witch trial it was the third times. Wink

And as I am so crazy still reading up and down most of the CompuServe related threads regarding the TV show and while doing it I have found this shocking crazy new comments from DIANA herself from TODAY! Just want to juice up a little bit our conversation here .. hehe .. pls don´t be angry at me, dear Logo for posting it here ..  Blush

Diana Gabaldon wrote regarding episode 13:

"Dear Hiedi--

So it is...   As to _that_ one (Ep. 13), I can tell you that there isn't a breast or a penis--or even a half-naked behind--in sight.  But people will be going _nuts_, I guarantee you..."

My first reaction was just this ..  lol!  laughing  lol! !

I am looking forward to very juicy controversal talks next Sunday .. Wink

-----------------------------

And dear Aikman Lass,

Aikman Lass wrote:
Lovely SoniaG as usual had some really deep thought out answers, wish I could be a bit better at that myself. I think there are a lot of members who probably feel the same and I personally would enjoy hearing their thoughts in regard to your questions.
Aikman Lass [/color]

THANK you for your personal compliment but dinna fash yourself Wink ! And the rest I second!!

SoniaG
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Fri 1 May - 19:41:15

Aikman Lass,
Thanks for reading and commenting on my post. One of the things I love about this group is being able to discuss Outlander to such depth that would make me seem insane to people who are not so invested in the books and characters! I have read all the books a few times but find I forget details, which is probably why I've been able to overlook any omissions. I confess that I'm so excited to see the show each week, I spend all week re-watching, reading interviews and re-caps, watching clips, discussing characters/plots etc that my family despair at times!
But here is my main confession....... I have rarely recommended the books to friends because the story is sooo far fetched and some of the situations seem so incredible. I mean, why on earth would Jamie let BJR do all that stuff at Wentworth? He thought he was going to die anyway and Claire was safe, so why not just kill the bastard? He could probably have over-powered him, even unarmed. I know he gave his word and it was a time when a man's word was worth his life but seriously, he wasn't expecting all that and he just took it??? I don't buy it and I'm hoping they'll do something in the show that will make it more believable. There you have it, my big secret!!!
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Fri 1 May - 20:01:51

I don't buy it and I'm hoping they'll do something in the show that will make it more believable. There you have it, my big secret!!!

Dear Teasle interesting comments. Did you get to read Diana's post on Facebook about BJR? Its available at www.outlandertvnews.com. It does clarify exactly what kind of sicko he really is.

Dear Aikman Lass, Sonia,Shagur, Ayrlassie, Misty Blue I rewatched episode 109 yesterday and if you remember thats the one we were having problems with the Jamie/Legohaire encounter. Well it made more sense after this viewing so maybe I am having a Sonia moment as well Wink I still feel that cutting short 111 at the critical part at the stones is a problem that needs to be dealt with but I have an Ayrlassie solution. When they release the extended version of the these episodes lets hope they will include all that missing footage that covers this segment. I will then be satisfied and that Ladies is saying a lot!Hows that Ayrlassie for a positive fix? Wink
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Fri 1 May - 20:08:01

lochness wrote: I will then be satisfied and that Ladies is saying a lot!Hows that Ayrlassie for a positive fix? Wink

Well, lochness, if that's the conclusion you've come to - then I'm so happy laughing

I can't imagine what this weeks episode will unleash on the forum - especially after Diana's comments shocked

Let's see how positive I'll remain then surprised

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Fri 1 May - 20:18:36

Lochness,
I know what sort of sicko BJR is, I just couldn't understand why Jamie didn't try to kill him..I took it to be because he had given his word and his word was his bond, so to speak, but I'm wondering if other people saw it a different way. Was it something else that I missed? On my re-read of FC, i realised I'd misunderstood the motives behind Jamie's offer of his body to Lord John in return for his care of Willie, so maybe I've missed something here too?
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Fri 1 May - 20:26:54

On my re-read of FC, i realised I'd misunderstood the motives behind Jamie's offer of his body to Lord John in return for his care of Willie, so maybe I've missed something here too?

Dear Teasle I had the same kind of realization on Lord John but I had it in BSA instead of FC! Interesting isn't it that we missed that in the original reading so I get your point here. I think it was a matter of his word to BJR that prevented his just killing him. He was certainly strong enough still at that point to strangle him with whatever became available. Perhaps the production will have a satisfying answer to this. That would be a first doing it better then the book Wink  I have a bigger problem with Jamie not doing away with BJR after he broke his nose when he rescues Claire. That one made no sense in that context other then permitting more intrigue with BJR later in book one and of course in Book 2.

I have rarely recommended the books to friends because the story is sooo far fetched and some of the situations seem so incredible.
Reread your post and I think this answer is better. I think the improbability started with Claire's first trip through the stones that starts the story so everything else requires us to accept on face value. I agree with you that there are a lot of things here that are truly unbelievable but yet its a story we all love and will endure through us. Hopefully we can pass it on so it does overcome time itself.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Fri 1 May - 22:08:52

mmm, maybe it was BSA, like I said, I forget details! Until this show was announced, I didn't realise Diana Gabaldon was so famous, as she's not as well known in the UK as the US. Ridiculous I know, but I always thought of her and her books as my secret lol. My mum and I went to see her speak in Sheffield a few years ago and there were about 40 of us at a free event in a small venue! I'm now realising some of my friends and family are already fans and I'm more confident now in recommending the books and show. Unfortunately, my bf refuses to watch any more after just 3 episodes, he says it's too slow  Crying or Very sad On the whole, it's probably a good thing because I really don't think he'd be able to watch Wentworth! I can't wait for @Blurtlander's take on that episode
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by lochness on Fri 1 May - 22:20:58

Unfortunately, my bf refuses to watch any more after just 3 episodes, he says it's too slow

Dear Teasle it always amazes me that more men don't get this! To slow I think is code for its got a plot;) .If guys only realized what doors this can open for them with their women. Plus its got all kinds of everything here including sex, violence,sadism, swords,nudity you name it to put even the best "Game of Thrones" fans to shame.
lochness
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Sat 2 May - 4:25:13

[quote="Teasle11"]Aikman Lass,
Thanks for reading and commenting on my post. One of the things I love about this group is being able to discuss Outlander to such depth that would make me seem insane to people......

:hi:Hi Teasle11: You're welcome Exclamation ...I always like accurate info & especially for this show. I had no way to view this show until the forum & this site has a two-fold benefit...seeing our book come to life & open debates about the show versus the book. I had no one to converse with before about my obsessive love of the book. We are no insane we just love a good book:!:

...I spend all week re-watching, reading interviews and re-caps, watching clips, discussing characters/plots etc that my family despair at times!

I limit my viewing to the show, rereading my books & only looking at specific sites posted by forum members in reference to their comments. I think if I watched & read everything that forum members are viewing I would go absolutely bonkers  bounce  & have to spend double time refresh the real story (book) in my brain.

....the story is sooo far fetched and some of the situations seem so incredible...why on earth would Jamie let BJR do all that stuff at Wentworth? He thought he was going to die anyway and Claire was safe, so why not just kill the bastard? He could probably have over-powered him, even unarmed.

For non-book readers we are probably totally confusing them by jumping ahead but....To me the only thing far fetched is Claire falling through the stones 200 yrs. Let's remember Jamie's in prison, tortured (extremely weakened condition & probably cracked ribs), easily over powered by BJR & his hulking Marley....also knowing that Randal would slit Claire's throat if he didn't co-operate & by this time he ends up with his smashed hand nailed to the table....he complied also because what was the guarantee that Claire was yet safe at that point & also he knows that Randal was evil enough to also punish his family at Lallybroch???Last of my thoughts is about Jamie's condition & his insufficient strength to overpower those men....Has anyone every had smashed & broken fingers, toes, & small bones in the hands & feet:?: Question very painful due to lots of nerves (we know how weak we can feel if in extreme pain)....as a young girl on our family farm I was playing in the derelict 100 yr. old animal shed where I somehow in the dark stepped on a very wide seven inch nail...going up through the center of my foot with three inches of the nail sticking out of the top of my foot...to this day I remember that pain my Dad pulling my foot back off the nail:!: Exclamation Exclamation Well that's my logic at work.

Regards
Aikman Lass  

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Teasle11 on Sat 2 May - 10:47:13

Aikman Lass and Lochness,
Thanks for your comments, I agree with all of them lol My bf loves Vikings and GoT so I'm going to keep trying. Re: why Jamie didn't fight back, that's the conclusion I've come to too and I'm really interested in seeing how they play it. I have more thoughts but thanks for the reminder that there may be non- book readers here, I'll restrain myself or go to the speculation thread until after that episode is shown!
Teasle11
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sat 2 May - 16:03:53

Dear Teasle11,

welcome to the club!! Wink

Teasle11 wrote:
But here is my main confession....... I have rarely recommended the books to friends because the story is sooo far fetched and some of the situations seem so incredible. I mean, why on earth would Jamie let BJR do all that stuff at Wentworth?

Thank you for revealing this secret to us!! lol! Not in a million of years I would have imagine that this could be a reason to not recommend this saga!!

I am sorry .. don´t want to offend you .. but this so funny! The timetravelling thing, the fact that Claire exactly landed there and meeting immediately the ancester of the man she is married to and they are looking almost the same! That is unbelieveable .. for the most but well ..Wink

I must say I have recommended these books to a few persons, but either they quitted after or while reading book 5 or just said yes .. it is nice, let´s go the next book of my list.

For me .. I was shy to recommend it because of the strapping scenes, the torture of Jamie in Wentworth .. ! I had feared most people would be offended and if you not fall in love with these books .. then you will misunderstand a lot  in my eyes. And I am well aware .. the fact that I enjoy these book doesn´t mean anyone else who likes reading will like it the same way I do! Wink

But back to you .. like Aikman Lass said or described, Jamie was 1. weak from being a awhile in the prison, malnourished even, 2. his hand was nailed (very painful indeed and not easy to withdraw it if this would have been possible at all), 3. the tricky difficulty to leave a very protected place like Wentwort, 4. the immediate danger for all his family, his clan and clansmen and 5. if had killed BJR .. well, hanging too!

This are my reasons ... Wink

P.S. The abbreviations .. BSA .. stand for ?? Pls enlighten me? Thanks in advance!

Ah, one more thing regarding .. that you were surprised that the making of the movies of this book saga was such a big thing. WEll, DG is very well know here in Germany .. somewhere I even read that Diana is selling the most books apart from the States in Germany! That is also the reason why we get now a new translations of the first three books and why Diana has saved a totally new deal with a new publisher in Germany. Interesting that in England .. she is probably not so famous .. Wink

Last edited by soniaG on Sat 2 May - 16:32:30; edited 3 times in total
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sat 2 May - 16:06:50

Dear Ayrlassie (and sorry LOGO for back to back .. this is an exception!),

ayrlassie wrote:

Well, lochness, if that's the conclusion you've come to - then I'm so happy laughing

I can't imagine what this weeks episode will unleash on the forum - especially after Diana's comments shocked

Let's see how positive I'll remain then surprised

thank you very much for a very good laugh .. laughing

Waving to you .. tech station
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sat 2 May - 16:16:08

Waving right back Sonia - always good to make people laugh!

I agree with your comments to Teasle11 and also Aikman Lass' comments.  I, too have recommended the books.....some have liked and some have not.  Go figure!  Some, as Teasle11, couldn't wrap their heads around the time-travel stuff and also the violence.

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sat 2 May - 16:43:21

Ayrlassie,

ayrlassie wrote:Waving right back Sonia - always good to make people laugh!

I agree with your comments to Teasle11 and also Aikman Lass' comments.  I, too have recommended the books.....some have liked and some have not.  Go figure!  Some, as Teasle11, couldn't wrap their heads around the time-travel stuff and also the violence.

ha ha ha and giggle  much!! Wink

------------------------

Something more heavy .. while we are waiting for tomorrow ..

Dear Ayrlassie and dear all others,

I have thought a lot of the recurring violence and because this special episode we are talking here .. that almost rape of Jenny ..

..I did find out that almost rape/rape/forced intercourse in order to protect someone is a recurring main theme through all the books. I made even a list with all persons for each book (still collecting infos), to name the agressors, the circumstances. I was - to be frank - never before so aware that many main protagonists (Jamie, Claire, Brianna, Young Ian, Lord John, Fergus) and some side characters (Mary Hawkings) has to go through the some sort of rape. Except Roger, Mandy, Jem, Fergus kids (and I do really hope so it stays so!!)!

It is for me a true revelation .. it is like Diana had involuntary made a scientific examinations of all kind of kinds of rape/forced sexual intercouse/almost rape. To examine how to recover from it, if forgiveness is possible, if it would be a difference a rape occurs as a first time sexual experience or not! Very interesting indeed, I must say! Gives my mind a lot to think of .. Wink

-----------------------

To leave with something more fun .. this Horrocks guy who seem to reappear .. I really can´t help but he reminds me looking like a pirate ghosts of the Jonny Deep movies .. .. looking so sinister and with his old fashioned hut.. laughing

Last edited by soniaG on Sat 2 May - 22:14:31; edited 1 time in total
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagur on Sat 2 May - 20:56:59

Dear ladies and gent, I did not have enough time during the last few days to post some answers here, but I read your lots of posts and enjoyed them very much.  Smile

I must say I have recommended these books to a few persons, but either they quitted after or while reading book 5 or just said yes .. it is nice, let´s go the next book of my list

I also recommended the books to some frieds but just one shares my love for them; the others enjoyed the first book but not the second and stopped reading the books; one said the books were to heavy (15 years ago, no e-book, and she had the hardcover) to read them in the evenings in bed …  laughing
Shagur
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikman Lass on Sat 2 May - 22:03:17

[quote="Shagur
I also recommended the books to some friends but just one shares my love for them; the others enjoyed the first book but not the second and stopped reading the books; one said the books were to heavy (15 years ago, no e-book, and she had the hardcover) to read them in the evenings in bed …  laughing[/quote]

:hi:Hi Shagur:
I think maybe many people only like light frivolous reading material for enjoyment & relaxation....then there are readers like us who want more meat (no! not sex or nude bodies) to a fictional story than just simply romance & sex. I previously mentioned somewhere that I had read romance novels & quit because they were boring to me. I am big on medieval crime solving stories & have quite a few British authors to chose from.  The Outlander book series & the Lord John series have not just romance....Even though the majority of characters are fictional there are historical characters as well... loads of historical events that span many countries & time... dribs & drabs about the newspaper printing companies that started up in America, the type of printing presses, the changing medical treatments & instruments or the hydroelectric tunnel under the Loch Errochty dam, the battles of other nations for territory in young America.   Thoughts on this idea anyone Question  Question

Regards
Aikman Lass

Aikman Lass
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sat 2 May - 22:24:30

Dear Sonia, Shagur and Aikman Lass,

So many interesting comments.....1) Sonia, yes, it does seem that Diana is doing some sort of examination of sexual assaults and to my way of thinking I can see that circumstances today are not so different than they were in the 18th century.  Women then vs women today are still stigmatized and there seems to be the lingering thought that she must have done something to provoke it - having worked within the court system for many years, I can certainly attest to this.....very sad indeed, and why many women never report it.

Dear shagur - there will always be people who just want the 'fluffy' stuff.  I guess there's enough evil in the world that they don't want or can't go there.

Dear Aikman Lass - my comment to Shagur applies to you as well.  I, too, love delving into books that are full of depth, intrigue, history and romance.

Have you ever read any of Rosamund Pilcher's books?  Not a series but wonderful big fat stories.  I would highly recommend them.

***_________________***
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top