Favourite and least favourite scenes :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite and least favourite scenes :)

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sat 18 Apr - 20:47:00

Dear all,

please use this topic for telling us about your favourite scenes and perhaps the least favourite in The Devil´s Mark Wink. For further and extended discussions use the general chat.

And the same request as in general chat applies here as well:

Logo: Stop posting back to back please. (Posting back to back is when you post and then post again without anyone else in between.)

tearose: Also everyone, it is not necessary to quote the whole of someone else's post. Please pick out the relevant line or paragraph and copy and quote bubble, if you want to comment directly on that.

Many thanks.

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite and least favourite scenes :)

Post by juliar on Sun 19 Apr - 8:48:28

Favourite scene - when Clare and Jamie are at the stones and he is saying goodbye to her. He looks so heart broken. Also the part where he has the swords out in court. Just loved the whole bit about Clare & Jamie together.
Least favourite -Gillis exposing herself in court and getting carried out.
juliar
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elli on Sun 19 Apr - 9:45:10

For the last ten minutes I was crying like a baby sad ... Really loved episode 11 (and yes, I knew what is going to be happen, read the books several times Wink )

Elli
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion1968 on Sun 19 Apr - 9:56:39

Poor Geillis.....

Great episode.....Cried at the Stones scene.....
Marion1968
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayuma702 on Sun 19 Apr - 10:07:40

It´s getting better and better and better.
Great episode. Can´t wait for the next.
Ayuma702
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

episode 11 ending

Post by deebeewags on Sun 19 Apr - 11:35:28

Did it end at the parting at the stones. I got a message at that bit about 55minutes in saying 'sorry cannot play video' and it stopped.

deebeewags
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sun 19 Apr - 11:58:22

Oh wow, that was great cheers Love all bits starting at about 36:00 when Jamie entered the court until the end When Jamie turned around and left Claire at the stones tears were streaming down my face sad

Unlike Julia I liked the scenes with Geilis confessing and exposing herself. Lotte did a really good job there and hopefully they will also do season 3 to see her again...... one day Wink

Least favourite was with evil Father Bain. What a diabolic creature Twisted Evil. The mimic of the actor is priceless. I´ve always had a huge problem with papists and this scene encouraged me to further dislike the dogmatic catholic church Smile.

Last edited by Sternenglanz68 on Sun 19 Apr - 14:01:45; edited 1 time in total

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by logo1960. on Sun 19 Apr - 13:49:28

deebeewags, try again at that bit, it could be that your internet connection was interrupted, fast forward to the 55 min (ish) again and try.

***_________________***
Admin for Outander TV series forum

Facebook Group
logo1960.
Admin

http://outlander.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

episode 11 favourite least favourite scenes.

Post by deebeewags on Sun 19 Apr - 14:17:28

Thanks logo I had already tried again and eventually saw the last few minutes. Had it not finished the way it did that would have been my least favourite scene. Thank God they resisted a cliffhanger. Whilst I know what happens I think it would have ruined it to leave the reunion till the next episode.

deebeewags
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by GlengarryGal on Sun 19 Apr - 16:40:49

Sternenglanz68 wrote: Least favourite was with evil Father Bain. What a diabolic creature Twisted Evil. The mimic of the actor is priceless. I´ve always had a huge problem with papists and this scene encouraged me to further dislike the dogmatic catholic church Smile.

Just shows how easy it was for a decent orator with a bit of acting flare and the right jargon, mixed with a bloodthirsty baying crowd, could send anyone to the stake. Thousands were slaughtered through prejudice and evil slander during the global Inquisition of the middle ages. Not unlike what is happening in the world today where evil people in power co-opt and twist holy words to destroy innocents. Powerful.

Carrying Geillis out was a good choice. Glad they didn`t show the gore of burning her as most films would`ve done.
GlengarryGal
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by shebachase on Sun 19 Apr - 20:26:15

I loved the whole episode. It was marvellous. One memorable section ifor me is in the scene where Clair is telling Jamie everything that has happened to her. He pauses and talks about how she had gone to the stones to go back to her husband. The way he says 'husband' is so full of pain, and then he says, 'and I beat you for it' with such regret and anger at himself . What a brilliant scene - acting, writing the whole thing.

shebachase
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

OMG!!

Post by lizzy1980 on Sun 19 Apr - 22:35:31

Well done!! I cried when she told him the truth, I cried when he left her at the Stones. Both sam and cait did a great Job! Loved the Claire- Jamie Scenes!
Can't wait to see them at Lallybroch!
Thanks for giving me a Chance to view the episodes!

lizzy1980
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Sun 19 Apr - 22:49:13

This is my favorite episode so far.  The interaction between Claire and Geillis in the thieves hole and the courtroom was absolutely brilliant how they could portray such emotion through their facial expressions and of course the script writing......loved the line "I guess I'm going to a f&*king barbeque...brought a bit of levity to it!  The escape, honesty vow and Claire's reveal of who she really is and Jamie's belief in her no matter how alien that might be to him.  Their emotion quotient was off the charts - bravo to them both!  Of course we knew she wouldn't go back through the stones but I really like how they filmed the ending...."On your horse soldier" with reference to Episode 1.

There wasn't really anything I didn't like but I'm wavering on how I feel about Leghair - on the one hand I saw in this episode that L really does think Claire is a witch and truly feels that she's cast some 'spell' on Jamie........but then I still feel she's a vindictive, immature little B.

That's it for now.....maybe more after I've watched again.

Wink

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea13 on Sun 19 Apr - 22:56:51

Least favourite was with evil Father Bain. What a diabolic creature Twisted Evil. The mimic of the actor is priceless. I´ve always had a huge problem with papists and this scene encouraged me to further dislike the dogmatic catholic church Smile.[/quote]

That's my least favourite too!!! - hated it that he doomed the two women!!!

I actually liked the scene where Geilis tears down her clothes... she really put off a big show! - And saved Claire... but thats not my favourite scene.... hmmm I think I have multiples.

I love the scene where Claire opens up to Jamie! It's kind of the start of their wonderful and dearly bond. I also love their "room for secrets but not for lies" promise.
AND I love the scene at the stones where Jamie shows how much he loves Claire by letting her go and how heartbroken he is... and Claire fighting to come to a decision. AND of course when she comes back to Jamie!!!!

And YES I cried like a little baby starting from Claire open up right to the end... a real rollercoaster of emotions!

Hardly can wait for the next episode!!!
Bea13
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by rohanknitter on Mon 20 Apr - 5:37:37

So many favorite scenes - I think this is one of my favorite episodes so far. For a minute I thought they were making F Bain into a good guy - then realized he was just being super manipulative and diabolical. Loved all the Claire & Jamie post-trial, I thought they did a great job with all that raw emotion. I also liked the part where Claire was being whipped and it was causing Geillis to have so much obvious distress, which gave more dimension to her character.
rohanknitter
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagur on Mon 20 Apr - 15:55:42

I loved the opening scene, the starlings.
Claire and Geilis in the thieves hole, finally Claire touching Geilis belly after the second night. Geilis accepting the hand to help her out of the hole but Claire refusing to do so.
The trial; the dynamics of the mob when they carried Geilis out of the church, the two judges/examiners trying to de-escalate (cover Geilis, one said something like „be careful she´s with child“)  … being aware that an excited mob really reacts that way
Ok, why did Ned have a pistol? A bid odd…
Jamie rescuing Claire from the trial, his fury – great acting.
After the rescue, I liked the idea of Jamie asking Claire if she is a witch because of the vaccination mark; (I cannot remember that from the book; there, why did he think she might be a witch?)
Great acting of Cait, all the way Claire telling Jamie the truth, really a „glass face“. I tried to focus on Jamies reaction but Claire overwhelmed me, I only saw her, her distressed voice … had to re-watch this part several times until I could focus on Jamies reaction.
Jamies regret for beating her after he realized why she´d not obeyed to stay hidden in the woods. His line „It would have been a good deal easier if you´d been only a witch“.
The tender love scene (to me, it´s not a sex-scene!) when Jamie observes Claires face.
Claire wearing the Fraser plaid at the stone circle – certainly Jamie wants her to take it with her to remember.
I always cry when Jamie stops Claire touching the stone. His eyes when he says „Goodbye, Sassenach“
Finally, Claires husky voice „On your feet, soldier“. Lots of people don´t like that line; but for me, it fits well.
Shagur
Wee Hamish

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Mon 20 Apr - 20:23:49

Dear all,

watching this episode til now twice I must say I was not so shocked and not so unsatisfied as with others episodes before because I was warned well before of a lot of things that may happen .. Wink

What I did like about this episode:

- The first shot of the staring - but to be frank - I was also confused why is it there .. after hearing the personal story of Claire of the past I interpret this as an omen - a good one. A sign of .. help is on the way. But I didn´t find this picture not so much good as the first ones of episode 9&10!

- The cave .. how it looked like. Didn´t think it is not natural. They have it built extra for Outlander. It is in the podcast which I have already listen to...

- Claire´s sentence "it was old-fashioned poison .. "! I do love these words with Claire and her corresponding acting to this.  

- Ned Gowan first sentence regarding the British law(had to be English because at this time there didn´t exist a united British law) and asking the audience .. we are in Scotland .. aren´t we! So clever and so great .. Wink

- seeing Ned Gowan dismantle all the witnesses
- the acting of the changeling child mother
- the acting of father Bains (I don´t think this spelling is correct?)

- Jamie´s Fraser words regarding he has to protect his wife .. about the almighty .. this I do find great as an alternative instead of throwing the rosary ..

- the expression of Claire when she is telling about her truth .. stating the birth and death of Black Jack Randall

- again the landscape around the standing stones (but I must say .. in my imaginations there are no woods/tree around it and there is the split stone)

- the noises Claire is hearing when she approached the one special stone .. yeah like this it could be for me ..

- forget one .. the kissing at the end (but much too short) and the music at the end .. til the end .. Wink

Now to the parts I am not so fond of ..

- Au contraire to the most here .. I don´t find the acting at the stone scenes from Jamie very impressing or expressing lot of his feelings .. I am sorry!

- for me there is not much emotional feelings at the stone (altogehter and of Claire above all - what about this low good-bye?) ... in my imagination when reading the book it is very intensive. I am sorry I can´t relate to the both of them there ..

- the last scenes (except the kissing which I did find which shows feelings) I don´t like .. too short, all the words are said .. nothing of them has the heavy weight what a turning point this is in the life of Claire and Jamie!!

- the acting from Leery! I couldn´t believe her play .. I am sorry, again. But it was not convincing for me .. and the sentence .. the love of my life .. not fitting in this time! And I will dance upon your ashes .. well, too exaggerated!!!

BY THE WAY: I understand that they made the role bigger because I do think most of the actors need more acting in order to be willing to play a part in Outlander .. the Duke, the priest, Leery and so on)

- way from let us go in Crainesmuir to suddenly being in the woods .. too quick! I would need at least a scene where Jamie bring Claire to Donas and let her get up the horse .. Wink And I miss a sentence like where do you bring us .. from Claire?

- the acting of Geillis is me partly to friendly versus Claire .. sometimes she is in my eyes almost harmless .. yeah crazy, I know .. but my Geillis is much more weird and evil .. (or I am just to much aware of that this is a TV show! I can dive into a book much more .. )

So, that is it in the moment .. Wink

Please be aware I know this is only the TV show and I don´t want to offend anybody ..

Last edited by soniaG on Mon 20 Apr - 21:49:50; edited 3 times in total
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty Blue on Mon 20 Apr - 21:39:20

Favourtite scenes -
*Jamie's act of honour & protection when rescuing Claire (wielding those swords so masterfully - would any man in that room have dared to take on such a powerful warrior)!  
*Claire's confession & Jamie's compassionate response.  
*Jamie's remorse at punishing Claire - such anguish in his face.  
*As Shagur says "the tender love scene" by the campfire - so intimate, Jamie memorizing every detail of Claire through their unique 'sensuality'.  
*Jamie literally pulling Claire back from the Stone, into his fierce embrace.
*Claire & Jamie's feverous kiss at the end.

Least favourite scene's -
*Father Bain's - how I detest that man.  If anybody should have been accused of evil doings!
*Claire being skelped - now that was vicious.
*Gellis being carried away from the Church by the baying mob - that was terrifying!

I have to say with the calibre of acting, & the remarkable sets & landscapes on Outlander, I really do feel as though I have been transported back to the 18th Century.
Misty Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by ADW on Tue 21 Apr - 4:18:49

I think I remember reading that these scenes were filmed before some of the previous episodes, like say 7 (which was MASTERFUL actingwise beginning to end), I think we are seeing the cast getting used to these charecters which is why I agree with previous commenters that this was not Sam H's best work in the series. I look forward to seeing some that was shot later. Caitiona is fantastic though, the depth of feeling in her eyes at the stones in amazing.
Ned was fantastic, just as I imagined him. The actor playing father Bain was brilliant, and Laoghaire is annoying - but she's supposed to be so Job Well Done!

ADW
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadeflower on Fri 24 Apr - 18:58:17

I was so sad that Geillis had to "sacrifice" herself to save Claire. I was just sorry they didn't have more time together to discuss the whole 1968 comment. But, I haven't read the books, so I can't be sure, but I have to hope we haven't seen the end of Geillis. Jamie crying when Claire showed up at the fire was beautiful. Claire must have been at the stones for quite a while, as it was daylight when they got there, but night had fallen by the time she returned to Jamie. Had she gone through the stones, but came back??
Shadeflower
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Fri 24 Apr - 19:04:01

Shadeflower wrote:I was so sad that Geillis had to "sacrifice" herself to save Claire. I was just sorry they didn't have more time together to discuss the whole 1968 comment.  But, I haven't read the books, so I can't be sure, but I have to hope we haven't seen the end of Geillis.  Jamie crying when Claire showed up at the fire was beautiful.  Claire must have been at the stones for quite a while, as it was daylight when they got there, but night had fallen by the time she returned to Jamie. Had she gone through the stones, but came back??

Dear Shadeflower,

welcome a very happy welcome on board! How nice to have here someone who don´t know the books! Wink

Well, I understand that you are sad about Geillis. I won´t say anthing to this because I don´t wanna spoil anything for you and even I as a long time book reader of the story don´t know really what is coming next! Wink

And your last question .. interesting, isn´t it! We don´t know what has happened! Well, what in the book has happened is another story .. but this story line is different from the TV show!

Much more interesting is .. what do you think .. what has happened? Or what you want to have happened? I am curious to know .. Wink

soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadeflower on Fri 24 Apr - 19:08:45

SoniaG, thanks for the welcome. Smile I think I'd like it that Claire went through the stones, but changed her mind and came back. I'm a die-hard romantic, and was hoping to see more angst at the stones. More things like "I'll love you forever", that sort of stuff. Having said that, their anguish was still very evident.
Shadeflower
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrlassie on Fri 24 Apr - 20:02:52

Dear Shadeflower...... welcome from me as well - you will love it here as all of us are die-hard romantics as you will soon see.

It's always interesting to me as well what non-book readers thoughts  are but I REALLY do recommend that you run, don't walk, to your nearest book store or download to an e-reader.....you will find enough  romance to keep you happy forever.  Those of us who have waited years for the next of Diana's books to be published have done so patiently (or not).  You have the advantage of being able to read all 8 of them at once, plus all the 'filler' books!

***_________________***
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. flower
ayrlassie

Back to top Go down

Post by soniaG on Sat 25 Apr - 8:41:23

Shadeflower wrote:SoniaG, thanks for the welcome. Smile  I think I'd like it that Claire went through the stones, but changed her mind and came back.  I'm a die-hard romantic, and was hoping to see more angst at the stones. More things like "I'll love you forever", that sort of stuff.  Having said that, their anguish was still very evident.  

Shadeflower,

regarding .. "die-hard romantic" .. DG has once said .. romantic and intimacy is not the same! lol! But I know what you mean .. Wink

I do think we will see in the next episode more about .. what has really happened to Claire!

Regarding buying the books .. well, certainly you can do it and if you do and start reading just let us know, please Wink .. but I must say I do like each new fan who hasn´t the knowledge of the books to learn from them what they like about the show and how they process the show .. Wink .. to learn what I am personally missing while watching is with all the book knowledge over the years.

Good to hear that for you the anguish was evident for you as an viewer! So .. about 26-28 hours and the next episode is here ..
soniaG
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by sunee on Sat 25 Apr - 16:04:22

The smile on Jamie´s face when Claire came back! I love you

sunee
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top