I bead :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I bead :)

Post by lisalf on Sun 5 Apr - 0:50:55

When I am not at my day gig, at the University of Alberta... I bead and run a handcrafted vendor store... If you like please check it out...

www.facebook.com/Metisgirlbeads

lisalf
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Re: I bead :)

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sun 5 Apr - 8:46:18

Hi Lisa, just liked your FB. And I like your handcrafts Smile. Wow what an historical background you have. Had to google it Wink. Do you still speak the Métis language?

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalf on Sun 5 Apr - 15:17:08

Hi, Wow thanks for reading my history. The Metis language is almost extinct. I never spoke it. Due to history our language never was passed down. It was shameful. So it was lost. Cree is my Aboriginal background. However, it was also not passed down. Due to Residential Schools etc. My husband and children are First Nation. That means they belong to a reserve and are considered Full "Indian" status. It is part of history that you never read about in books as all history books are when Columbus discovered America... however, we all know now, that he didn't discover it, we were here already Smile

lisalf
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sternenglanz68 on Sun 5 Apr - 19:22:40

lisalf wrote:Hi, Wow thanks for reading my history.  The Metis language is almost extinct.  I never spoke it.  Due to history our language never was passed down.  It was shameful.  So it was lost.  Cree is my Aboriginal background.  However, it was also not passed down.  Due to Residential Schools etc.  My husband and children are First Nation.  That means they belong to a reserve and are considered Full "Indian" status.  It is part of history that you never read about in books as all history books are when Columbus discovered America... however, we all know now, that he didn't discover it, we were here already Smile

Lisa, I am very interested in your history and would like to come back to it as today it is very busy here on the board Wink. But thanks for sharing with us anyway. Later Smile!!!

***_________________***
Sternenglanz.......
Sternenglanz68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalf on Tue 7 Apr - 0:05:09

Thanks, sounds good Smile

lisalf
Wee Jamie

Back to top Go down